- Gwen E. Kirby Makes an Uproarious Literary Debut
And Sewanee was how she met her agent, the Gernert Company’s Sarah Burnes.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: End of August 2021
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 99 self-published titles below.
- Book Deals: Week of August 30, 2021
The author, who did not use an agent in the deal, is a writer at the Australian newspaper, which, like HC, is owned by News Corp.
- A Season for Second Chances
Agent: Hayley Steed, Madeleine Milburn Literary.
- No Ordinary Christmas
Agent: Jessica Alvarez, BookEnds Literary.
- The Wicked Widow
Agent: Alexandra Machinist, ICM Partners.
- A Home Again
Illustrator’s agent: Mela Bolinao, MB Artists.
- Long Road to the Circus
Author’s agent: Stephen Barbara, InkWell Management.
- Rights Report: Week of August 23, 2021
Andrew Karre at Dutton has acquired Salt the Water by National Book Award finalist and Printz Honoree Candice Iloh (Every Body Looking).
- Obituary: Lynn C. Franklin
Literary agent, scout, and memoirist Lynn C.
- Religion News Briefs: August 25, 2021
Kathleen Merz, who came to EBYR in 2009, has been promoted to editorial director overseeing development of all titles, including acquisitions as well as author and agent relationships.
- Love, Chai, and Other Four-Letter Words
Agent: Stacey Donaghy, Donaghy Literary Group.
- The Memoirs of Stockholm Sven
Agent: Esmond Harmsworth, Aevitas Creative Management.
- The Splinter King, Volume 2
Agent: Alexander Cochran, Conville & Walsh.
- Back to Earth: What Life in Space Taught Me about Our Home Planet--And Our Mission to Protect It
Agent: Jenny Stephens, Sterling Lord Literistic.