- Former Knopf Assistant Sells Publishing Novel in Seven Figure Deal
When asked about the fact that The Other Black Girl surfaced as the controversy surrounding American Dirt put a fresh spotlight on the subject of diversity in publishing, the Sanford Greenburger agent admitted that what was happening in the background of the submission process came up in initial editorial
- Spring 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers F-L
Fabled FilmsPippa Park Raises Her Game by Erin Yun (Feb. 4, $15.99, ISBN 978-1-944020-26-2).
- Spring 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers A-E
Abbeville SeriesWorld Soccer Legends welcomes Megan Rapinoe by Illugi Jökulsson (Apr. 28, $14.95, ISBN 978-0-7892-1368-6), ages 7–12.
- A Commitment to Proprietary IP
“If there is demand for a subject and not much is coming in from our agents and authors, we’ll develop it ourselves,” says Valerie Garfield, v-p and publisher of licensed and novelty publishing at Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing.
- Spring 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
MacmillanDucktective Quack and the Cake Crime Wave by Claire Freedman, illus. by Mike Byrne (Apr. 1, $9.99 paper, ISBN 978-1-5098-8240-3).
- Spring 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers R-Z
Random HouseYou Are My Mother: Inspired by P.D.
- Colin Kaepernick Launches Publishing House, Memoir In Deal with Audible
Free agent NFL quarterback and controversial political activist Colin Kaepernick announced plans to publish a memoir to be released via his own publishing venture, Kaepernick Publishing, in 2020.
- Harlequin to Expand Love Inspired Imprint
Love Inspired, Harlequin’s inspirational romance imprint, is launching a trade paperback fiction publishing program in spring 2021 that will feature additional inspirational content.The Love Inspired trade paperback line is currently accepting original, agented manuscripts of 80,000-100,000 words that fall within
- Q & A with Sandhya Menon
My agent just happened to download one of my books and read it and offered representation.
- The On-Sale Calendar: June 2020 Children's Books
by Kara West, illus. by Leeza Hernandez (Little Simon, $5.99, trade paper; ISBN 978-1-5344-6723-1). 50,000 copies.Pete the Cat: Secret Agent by James Dean (HarperCollins, $4.99; ISBN 978-0-06-286842-8). 150,000 copies.Super Puzzletastic Mysteries by Chris
- A.S. King Adds a Printz Award to Her Honors
I am very proud of this book, and I am so happy that I live at a time when a committee could come together to award it the Printz.”After receiving “the call,” King phoned her agent, Michael Bourret, who hadn’t yet heard the news (“That was a very good moment,” she said
- Paying It Forward: An Indie Success Story
Though Shernoff can’t reveal much yet, he says his film agent continues to push Atlantic Island along, and it is currently with high-level executives at a major studio.
- Dear Authors: Here's How to Avoid Writing Tech Gibberish
That’s what Brad Thor did in Blacklist, in which U.S. government agents use Skype for secure communication.
- Jerry Craft's Newbery Win Was an Unforeseeable Dream
“I was stunned,” he recalled, noting that he hadn’t heard any buzz, or seen anything like a mock Coretta Scott King Award poll.Eager to share his good news, Craft followed the ALA committees’ guidelines for keeping the circle very small until the public announcement; he made calls to his edi
- Ten Speed Builds a Graphic List
The imprint develops some titles in-house, Wehner noted, and has begun getting submissions after reaching out to agents.