- The Business of Tomorrow: The Visionary Life of Harry Guggenheim: From Aviation and Rocketry to the Creation of an Art Dynasty
Agent: Leah Spiro, Riverside Creative.
- The Plant Hunter: A Scientist's Quest for Nature's Next Medicines
Agent: Elias Altman, Massie & McQuilkin.
- Dead Silence
Agent: Suzie Townsend, New Leaf Literary.
- Crashing in Love
Agent: Alyssa Eisner Henkin, Trident Media Group.
- The Thirteenth Hour
Agent: John Cusick, Folio Literary.
- Gwen E. Kirby Makes an Uproarious Literary Debut
And Sewanee was how she met her agent, the Gernert Company’s Sarah Burnes.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: End of August 2021
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 99 self-published titles below.
- Book Deals: Week of August 30, 2021
The author, who did not use an agent in the deal, is a writer at the Australian newspaper, which, like HC, is owned by News Corp.
- A Season for Second Chances
Agent: Hayley Steed, Madeleine Milburn Literary.
- No Ordinary Christmas
Agent: Jessica Alvarez, BookEnds Literary.
- The Wicked Widow
Agent: Alexandra Machinist, ICM Partners.
- A Home Again
Illustrator’s agent: Mela Bolinao, MB Artists.
- Long Road to the Circus
Author’s agent: Stephen Barbara, InkWell Management.
- Rights Report: Week of August 23, 2021
Andrew Karre at Dutton has acquired Salt the Water by National Book Award finalist and Printz Honoree Candice Iloh (Every Body Looking).
- Obituary: Lynn C. Franklin
Literary agent, scout, and memoirist Lynn C.