- Jeanine Cummins's New Novel Is a Harrowing Immigrant's Tale
I had talked about it with my agent, Doug Stewart at Sterling Lord, and I think my editor at NAL was in agreement that my time there had run its course and I was ready for something new.
- Book Deals: Week of November 11, 2019
The agent added that the novel “unspools like a speculative YA version of In Cold Blood.”
- Folio Lit Acquires Emma Sweeney Agency
(Before ESA, Brown was at Thomas Dunne Books.)Folio has 20 literary agents and represents over 1,000 authors.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, November 3, 2019
Lethal Agent by Kyle Mills & Vince Flynn - 9781501190643 - (AtriaEmily Bestler Books) 8.
- Children's Job Moves: October 2019
She will serve as the main contact for HarperCollins Children's Books with agents, studios, networks, producers, and talent, and will advise the IP team on media potential for projects.
- Penguin Random House to Acquire Complete Works of Eric Carle
Penguin will continue to work with the Joester Loria Group, licensing agent for the Eric Carle brand since 2011.
- Hachette, Warned by DoJ, Moving Ahead With 'A Warning'
The Department of Justice has warned Hachette Book Group that its planned publication of A Warning by an anonymous Trump administration official may violate a non-disclosure agreement.In a letter addressed to HBG general counsel Carol Ross and Javelin agents Matt Latimer and Keith Urbahn, who represent the
- Guadalajara 2019: The U.S.-Mexico Border As a Literary Character
In a sense, he said, it could be a real and armed person: an American or Mexican soldier, an ICE agent, a member of the U.S.
- International Interest in SIBF Grows
., including James Clear, author of Atomic Habits; Mark Manson, author of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck; crime writer Kathy Reichs; and television personality and author Steve Harvey.The fair began with a three-day professional program that saw some 400 people—including publishers, for
- Is Publishing Too Top-Heavy?
“There is no doubt that it has gotten harder to sustain a career as a midlist author,” the agent said.
- Gabriel Bump's Ballad of a Nowhere Boy
Everywhere You Don’t Belong has a film agent on board.
- Guadalajara 2019: U.S. Publishers at the Book Fair
Half of his schedule is meetings with agents, the other half with publishers, and Pera will also be looking at the books in Spanish that India will bring to FIL.
- Book Deals: Week of November 4, 2019
Susannah Palfrey at Hachette Children’s Book Group handled the North American rights agreement on behalf of the author’s primary agent, Becky Thomas at Johnson & Alcock.
- Shanghai Children’s Fair Set to Return November 15
(Last year, there were 367 exhibitors with 194 coming from overseas, and about 33,796 visitors.)The successful lounges and zones that BolognaFiere introduced last year—including the BOP-Bologna Prize Lounge, Strega Prize Lounge, Asia Pacific New Entry Lounge, Illustrators Survival Corner, Literary Agent
- PAMA Panel: Connecting Diverse Books with Diverse Audiences
“We’ve got to try to make authors happy with what we can do, convincing them we know the better way to do things.”Bullert added, “The editor and agent should also help to manage the author’s expectations; we’re all a team.