- Q & A with Margaret Peterson Haddix
She became my first agent.
- Rights Report: Week of March 25, 2019
Simon Boughton at Norton Young Readers has acquired North American rights to Feminist AF: A Guide to Crushing Girlhood by (from l.)
- Making Politics Loving Again: PW Talks with Casey McQuiston
Then I got an agent and a deal, and I didn’t want to alienate a young adult, 17-year-old reader.
- Weighing the Evidence: New True Crime 2019
Sometimes, detectives and agents are forthcoming with information, but many writers’ investigations raise as many questions as they answer.
- Blockchain for the Book Biz: The Hype vs. the Reality
The basic idea is that, instead of each publisher (or agent or content distributor) maintaining its own big, hairy rights and royalty management system, everyone would deposit transactions on a common blockchain—and those who want to get paid or grant permission simply need to look on the block
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: March 2019
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 89 self-published titles below.
- Candace Bushnell Comes Home to Grove
“Bret Easton Ellis told me Candace was looking for an agent,” Schroder says.
- Religion Book Deals: March 27, 2019
No agent was involved in the deal.
- Rights Report: Week of March 18, 2019
Publication is planned for summer 2020; Stéphanie Abou at Massie McQuilkin Literary Agents did the deal for North American, audio, and open market rights.
- Spring 2019 Announcements: All Our Coverage
Here, we speak with a number of diverse debut authors who landed agents through the Twitter pitch contest #DVPit.
- Remembering a Pioneering Policewoman: PW Talks with Edward Conlon
A friend, Bonnie Timmerman, a casting agent and producer, asked me if I knew any great stories about women police officers.
- What to Expect from Independent Publicists
Authors have heard the same advice from their agents, fellow author friends, and even publishers time and again: if they want readers to know about their books, they should hire independent publicists to supplement publishers’ publicity campaigns.
- This Year's London Book Fair Wraps
However, the uncertainty of Brexit has heightened concerns that U.K. publishers could lose some of their European export market, potentially prompting more agents to seek world English rights deals with American publishers.
- The International View: Raising Turkey's Publishing Profile
Invited guests included agents such as Larissa Helena of Pippin Properties in New York, and publishers including Emma Raddatz from Archipelago Books, Gigi Ishmael from the Ishmael Tree, and Dennis Johnson from Melville House.Turkey has long been regarded as a strong market for rights sales, and nea
- Book Deals: Week of March 18, 2019
The deal was brokered on behalf of the author by Rosemary Stimola of Stimola Literary Studio and Jason Dravis of his own agency.INTERNATIONAL DEALS● Agent Madeleine Milburn struck gold for her eponymous agency at the London Book Fair with The Recovery of Rose Gold, a debut from Emerson MFA graduate