- On Dogs & the Unique Hell of Writing Novels
Agents, that’s who.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: February 2019
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 78 self-published titles below.
- Brussels Book Fair Plays Matchmaker
Numerous Belgian book retailers also exhibited, such as Librebook, a Brussels bookstore that offers titles in 20 European languages.This year’s fair featured a revamped professional program spearheaded by FLB director Gregory Laurent and Paris literary agents Pierre Astier and Laure Pécher.
- Peter Hessler's 'The Buried' Puts Egypt's Past In Perspective
“We think of Egypt as a craft culture—temples and pyramids—but the pharaohs also knew how to manipulate politically, to use nostalgia the way Trump’s ‘Make America great again’ uses nostalgia.”William Clark of William Clark Associates has been Hessler’s agent since 1998.
- NDP Scores with NBA’s New Direction
“She now has an agent.
- From Russia, Without Love: PW Talks with Robert Dugoni
.), someone is knocking off U.S. sleeper agents in Russia.Can you elaborate on how a meeting with a man who “had a story to tell” spurred this novel?
- Book Deals: Week of February 25, 2019
Planned for publication in late 2020 or spring 2021, the book, the agent said, will examine the role white progressives play in maintaining racial inequality and describes how they might align their actions with their professed values.
- German Children's Publishers Reflect on Taiwan's Book Market
“Single titles of all types work here, and since about 70% of our list are singles, this market is a great fit for us,” said Schuster, who works directly with publishers as well as through agents, adding that “Carlsen is the biggest graphic novel publisher in Germany and we translat
- Taipei 2019: The Fair Opens Amid a Stable Market and an Expanding Kids’s Segment
Norton, an agent for major American houses and university presses.
- Licensing Hotline: February 2019
Miffy to Celebrate 65 Years with New Merchandise Mercis, the company that manages the commercial activities for late author-illustrator Dick Bruna, has retained the Joester Loria Group as the licensing agent for Bruna’s Miffy character in North America.
- Rights Report: Week of February 11, 2019
Publication is scheduled for spring 2021; Bill Contardi at Brandt and Hochman Literary Agents represented the author, and Emily van Beek at Folio Jr.
- 2019 SCBWI Conference: Agents and Editors Give Advice
Alexander Slater, agent at Trident Media Group, commented on a huge rise in graphic novels.
- Religion and Spirituality Book Deals: February 13, 2019
No agent was involved.WJK Starts ‘Practicing’Jessica Miller Kelly at Westminster John Knox bought world rights to Practicing: Be the Change You Want to See in the World by pastor and blogger Kathy Escobar.
- Guilty Until Proven Innocent: PW Talks with David Dow
So one day I said to my agent, “Fine, I’ll just write a novel.
- Green Tapped to Head Abrams Artists
Longtime literary agent Simon Green has been tapped to head the book and publishing division of Abrams Artists Agency.