- The Agent: PW Talks with Sterling Lord
He needs an agent.”
- The English Agent: A Christopher Marlowe Mystery
Agent: Janet Reid, FinePrint Literary Management.
- Jem: Memoirs of an Ottoman Secret Agent
In the late 15th century, narrator Captain Barak suddenly finds himself a secret agent for the Ottoman Empire, working for the head of Imperial Security and, indirectly, the sultan himself.
- Agent Colt Shore: Domino 29
A series of escalating incidents send a 15-year-old secret-agent-in-training halfway around the world as he gets wrapped up in one death-defying adventure after another.
- Confessions of an Ex-Secret Service Agent
A Secret Service agent from 1971 to 1981, Venker helped guard presidents Nixon, Ford, Carter and Reagan.
- Religion in Academic Publishing: The Agent View
ParticipantsGreg Daniel, Daniel Literary GroupStephen Hanselman, founder and president, LevelFiveMediaKathryn Helmers, managing partner, Creative Trust Literary GroupJill Kneerim, director, Kneerim & WilliamsGail Ross, agent and president, Gail Ross Literary Agency <
- Obituary: British Agent Carole Blake
She was president of the Association of Authors' Agents, instigating an overhaul of publishers' often baffling royalty statements; she was the second female chair of the Society of Bookmen (established in 1921, and now the Book Society); she was chairman of BTBS, the Book Trade Charit
- Bologna Briefcase: What the Agents Are Bringing
We asked some American agents to tell us about two projects they have high hopes for.
- Publishing in Russia 2012: The Agents’ Dozen
His seven other novels include “Great Dream,” “All That Glitters,” “Chlorophilia,” and “Psycho Agent” (2011 National Bestseller Prize finalist).
- Bird, Bath, and Beyond: An Agent to the Paws Mystery
Agent: Josh Getzler, Hannigan Salky Getzler Agency.
- Tony Blair Hires Agent Barnett
Former British prime minister Tony Blair is on the hunt for a publisher.
- Jonathan Matson, Agent, Dies at 67
Jonathan Matson, president of the Harold Matson Company literary agency in New York, died on January 31 of heart failure.
- SECRET AGENTS: The Menace of Emerging Infections
During the first half of the 20th century, Western medicine seemed poised to conquer infectious disease.
- New London Base for U.S. Agent
Elizabeth Sheinkman at the Elaine Markson agency recently set up a branch office in London (see our British report) and has already begun making deals for U.S. properties with U.K. publishers.
- The Double Agents: A Men at War Novel
Actors David Niven and Peter Ustinov, along with James Bond creator Ian Fleming, all of whom actually served Britain in WWII, help the heroes of Griffin’s Men at War series deceive the Germans in this solid sixth installment (after 2006’s The Saboteurs) from the bestselling author and his son,