- Why Two Agents Argue Books Aren't Essential
This comes with acknowledging a certain amount of privilege—as agents, we might not fully feel the squeeze of a precarious industry for a few months, and perhaps not anywhere to the level our bookseller and in-house colleagues will experience it.
- Bologna 2016: Agents Talk Children's and YA Trends
Generally, YA feels quite tough, and other agents have said the same.
- Frankfurt 2011 Briefcase: What the American Agents Are Selling
These are just some of the authors the American agents will be pushing in the rights center this year.
- Obituary: Literary Agent Lois Wallace, 73
Lois Wallace, founder of the Wallace Literary agency, died April 4 in New York City.
- Four Questions for...Finnish Agent Elina Ahlback
We talked with Elina Ahlback, founder and CEO of the Finland-based Elina Ahlback Literary Agency, to discuss her country's recent run as Guest of Honor at the Frankfurt Book Fair, the lure of "Finnish Weird," and the current "Scandi-trend" in international publishing.
- Merrymakers Turns Agent with Pete the Cat Licensing Program
Since it was founded in 1994, Merrymakers has been known as a licensee, creating plush and other gift items tied to children’s book properties and selling them to the specialty and book trade.
- Lit Agent Machinist Among Newly Named Partners at ICM
ICM Partners has added nine agents as partners, including literary agent Alexandra Machinist.
- London Book Fair 2013:Defining the New Role for Literary Agents
In this way, Lownie noted, literary agents have become more like, "sports agents or celebrity managers," in so far as they now need to look after their author's entire career.
- Getting the Green Light: Notes from an SCBWI Agents Panel
He stated, “The goal isn’t to get an agent; it’s to get the right agent.
- Fall 2015 M.F.A. Update: When Do You Need an Agent?
That’s what happened for me.I met my agent as a student in NYU’s M.F.A. program, at an agent/writer meet-and-greet.
- How to Navigate a Changing Business? Children's Agents Shed Some Light
“It’s an agent’s job to notice the changes in the business,” she said.
- Mid-Six Figure Deal for FBI Agent Tell-All
\t\tPocket editorial director Emily Bestler and senior editor Gary Goldstein were the winners in agent Todd Shuster's auction for the tentatively titled No Heroes, a first-person account by a high-ranking FBI agent about domestic terrorism that will be
- Julie Just Moves to Agent Side, Joins Janklow & Nesbit
Julie Just has joined Janklow & Nesbit as an agent.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2018: Moving Agents Center Prompts Complaints
Among the agents themselves, the reaction has been mixed.
- M.F.A. Survey 2014: Agents and Editors Talk M.F.A. Programs
Great talent certainly endears an agent to a school.