- Hachette Goes All In on Fortnite
IMG is the licensing agent representing the Epic Games title.Hachette Book Group’s Hachette Books and Little, Brown Books for Young Readers imprints will handle the property in the U.S.; Hachette Illustré’s Hachette Jeuness and Hachette Heroes hold rights in France; and Grupo Anaya’s Hachette Hero
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2018: Moving Agents Center Prompts Complaints
Among the agents themselves, the reaction has been mixed.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2018: Rights Meeting Features Poland, Romania, and Russia
“People in Romania spend just three euros per person per year on books,” he said, “and annual sales amount to just 60 million euros annually”The panelists offered several words of advice to the audience, which included foreign rights directors, scouts and literary agents.
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2018: The Audio Boom is Real, Global, and Just Getting Started
“What’s really changed is that agents and authors want their audiobooks produced.
- CBA Changes Raise Questions, Concerns for the Future
Although industry members agree that UNITE provides a valuable place for publishers, authors, agents, retailers, and distributors to meet, the recent developments have left many publishers and retailers as skeptical about another trade show taking place next year as they are about attending it.
- Religion Book Deals: October 10, 2018
Literary agent Roger Gibson represented the author in the world rights deal.Chapman Reups with HarlequinSteve Laube of the Steve Laube Agency sold world rights to senior editor Melissa Endlich at Harlequin’s Love Inspired line for six new books in the Indiana Amish Brides series by Vannetta Chapman.
- Diversion Scores Big with Rick Pitino
So Pitino’s team—which included his agent, David Vigliano, and his coauthor, Seth Kaufman—began looking for a publisher that could get his book out before Sokolove’s.
- Coates’s ‘We Were Eight Years in Power’ to Be Published by Historic Black Press in France
In a gesture of support for independent black publishing in France, National Book Award–winner Ta-Nehisi Coates and his U.S. publisher, One World, have released the French edition of his bestselling We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy through Editions Présence Africaine, a historic
- Book Deals: Week of October 8, 2018
The linked tales in the book, per Card’s agent, Monica Odom at Liza Dawson Associates, “incorporate elements of gothic fiction and Jamaican folklore.”
- The On-Sale Calendar: March 2019
MARCHMarch 5Piety & Power by Tom LoBianco (Dey Street Books, $26.99; ISBN 978-0-06-286878-7). 125,000 copies.Wolf and the Watchman by Niklas Natt Och Dag (Atria Books, $27; ISBN 978-1-5011-9677-5). 100,000 copies.Era of Ignition by Amber Tamblyn (Crown Archety
- International Hot Book Properties, Week of October 15, 2018
Italian Sale for True Crime Book The true crime book Hitman: The Art of Evil by journalist Andrea Galli, sold at auction to Rizzoli in Italy, in a deal handled by originating agent Vicki Satlow.
- The On-Sale Calendar: January 2019
Martin’s Press, $28.99; ISBN 978-1-250-17991-3).Through Fiery Trials by David Weber (Tor, $28.99; ISBN 978-0-7653-2559-4).January 15Mar-a-Lago: Inside the Gates of Power at Donald Trump’s Presidential Palace by Laurence Leamer (Flatiron Books, $27.99; ISBN 978-1
- Thrills and Chills in Texas
But in Gardiner’s thriller, it’s a chase between rookie FBI agent Caitlin Hendrix and a Ted Bundy–inspired killer.
- Fantasy’s Far Horizon: Science Fiction and Fantasy 2018–2019
Banker’s Upon a Burning Throne (HMH/Adams, Apr. 2019), which will be his first U.S. publication in years, the author queried “several hundred agents,” he says, and submitted to dozens of publishers and editors in the U.S.; he landed with John Joseph Adams three years ag
- Pete Souza: Obama’s Chief Photographer Throws Shade At Trump
One day I sent an email to my book agent and I said, “I want to go all in on this.