- New London Base for U.S. Agent
Elizabeth Sheinkman at the Elaine Markson agency recently set up a branch office in London (see our British report) and has already begun making deals for U.S. properties with U.K. publishers.
- The Double Agents: A Men at War Novel
Actors David Niven and Peter Ustinov, along with James Bond creator Ian Fleming, all of whom actually served Britain in WWII, help the heroes of Griffin’s Men at War series deceive the Germans in this solid sixth installment (after 2006’s The Saboteurs) from the bestselling author and his son,
- NO BACKUP: A Female Agent's Life in the FBI
Professing (in a brief author's note) his fondness for the genuinely evil Nosferatu of classic vampire fiction, Wilson (Gateways ) concocts a garish B-movie scenario, an expansion of a 1990 novella with the same title, in which armies of the un-dead decimate Europe and later make the
- Breath of Iron: A Novel of the Clockwork Agents
In her third steampunk romance (after Touch of Steel), Cross reunites a surgeon working for the Wardens of the Realm with her one true love, a spy who turned sky pirate after she saved his life and left him.
- What American Agents Will Be Selling at the Fair
Aevitas Creative Management2030 AD: Thriving After the End of the World as We Know It by Mauro GuillenU.S. publisher: St.
- Frankfurt Book Fair Considers an Early Start for Agents
Stock said the list, which is circulating, is designed to encourage agents to set more meetings at the fairgrounds on Tuesday.The LitAg is open to agents on the Tuesday before the fair, Frankfurt officials say, but agents often take their Tuesday meetings at the Frankfurter Hof,
- Some Agents Wary About Submitting to AOLTWBG
But this situation stands out in a number of ways, agents said.
- WEbook Launches AgentInBox to Connect Authors and Agents Online
An agent’s profile, Khazaei noted, includes his or her name, but not their contact information; agents are given the contact information of authors who are submitting.
- Literary Agents Address Children's Book Writers and Illustrators
And many of the agents agreed: while some agents may dislike requests for response, if it’s been a while since you’ve heard back from a submission, it’s worth gently checking back in.
- The Publishing Game: Find an Agent in 30 Days
Reiss's advice is wholly pragmatic, whether it's how to create a marketing plan to convince an agent that your book will sell or "good places to cruise" to meet agents in person.
- Author and Agent: Eudora Welty and Diarmuid Russell
From his first letter to Welty in 1940 (``an agent is rather a benevolent parasite because authors as a rule make more when they have an agent than they do without one''), agent Russell of Russell and Volkening kept up a dedicated correspondence of more than 30 years
- A Life in Secrets: Vera Atkins and the Missing Agents of WWII
Atkins sent 400 agents into France, including 39 women she'd personally recruited and supervised.
- New Opportunities for Agents and Authors in Today’s Publishing
I often find that authors still value agents.”
- License to Deal: A Season on the Run with a Maverick Baseball Agent
Agent, David Black.
- Agents of Influence: The British Plot to Change America's Mind
Hemming (Agent M) delivers a lucid, fast-paced account of England’s secret scheme to draw America into WWII.