- M.F.A. Survey 2014: Agents and Editors Talk M.F.A. Programs
Great talent certainly endears an agent to a school.
- ICM Agents Complete Firm Buyout, Change Name to ICM Partners
Speaking to the decision to make the company a partnership, the group issued this statement: "This is an important day for our clients and agents as we begin the transformation of ICM into ICM Partners. ...
- Hachette Signs Up Hollywood Power Agent Ari Gold
Hachette Books has acquired a book by "Hollywood powerhouse agent" Ari Gold, a character from the HBO series Entourage, played by Jeremy Piven.
- As WGA Strike Drags, Agents Face Sluggish Hollywood Market
Agents are also unsure how quickly business will pick up after the picket lines disperse.
- Effects of Family Stores Bankruptcy Ripple Out to Authors, Agents
“This has hurt publishers, and has trickled down to authors and agents,” said Chip MacGregor, president of MacGregor Literary, Inc, who has had clients experience payment delays.
- An Agent's Healthy Talk: PW Talks with Yfat Reiss Gendell
You have experience with this category as both an author and as an agent.
- Red Sofa Literary Principal Threatens to Sue Other Agents, Author
The two agents are Beth Phelan of Gallt and Zacker (the email was cc’ed to that agency’s two principals) and Kelly Van Sant, who until two weeks ago worked for Red Sofa.
- Swamped by Offers, Self-Pubbed YA Author Gets Agent and More
Previously unrepresented, Geragotelis has now signed with a literary agent and a foreign rights agent and is sorting through an avalanche of proposals and related offers for Life’s a Witch and other projects.
- NYRF Panel Helps Children's Authors and Agents Navigate New Hollywood
In this booming marketplace, agents are wary, and are working hard to protect sub rights related to a literary property.
- Three Agents Resign After Red Sofa Literary Owner's Tweet
Paul–based literary agent’s tweet ended up gutting the boutique agency she owns.Three agents affiliated with Red Sofa Literary tweeted this past weekend that they have resigned in response to owner Dawn Frederick’s tweet, leaving one subsidiary rights executive besides Frederick still employed there.
- Rubin Pfeffer Adds a New Cap: Solo Literary Agent
He compares being an agent to being an obstetrician.
- Passion and Patience: PW talks with German agent Nicole Witt
In 2015 her agency won the International Literary Agent Award, which is presented by the London Book Fair and the U.K.
- A Border Patrol Agent-Turned-Author Meets Protests in California
“It’s inherently problematic that the voice of a Border Patrol agent is being lifted up in the headlines,” he said in Los Angeles.
- Agents, Publishers Debate Digital Royalties and Strategy at 'PW' Panel
Given their perceived low cost of production, many in the business—from agents to authors—have railed against publishers' claims that e-books, like print books, cost money to make, manufacture, and distribute.
- London Briefcase, Part II: What the Agents Are Bringing to the Fair
These are just some of the subjects American agents will be talking up in the rights center at the 2011 London Book Fair.