- Tauber to Lead Chronicle's New Imprint
"I can hardly wait to jump back in again working with all my agent and industry colleagues to discover, develop, and publish leading, authentic, and enduring authors and projects," said Tauber, previously senior v-p and publisher at HarperOne from 2005-2017, in a statement.Tauber
- Joseph-Beth Booksellers Recruits New CEO from Ricoh
Miller’s Linked In page describes him as a “retail visionary,” “cx strategist” (customer experience strategist), “loyalty expert,” “change agent,” and “omnichannelevangelist.”Miller told the ‘Lexington Herald-Tribune’ that he would like to expand the chain into further smaller locations similar to those in
- Rights Report: Week of September 10, 2018
Brian Geffen at Henry Holt has acquired The Middler, a debut middle-grade novel by Kirsty Applebaum, winner of the 2016 United Agents Prize for Most Promising Writing for Young People.
- Who Can You Trust in Annie Ward's New Novel?
She handed in the finished manuscript in 2009 to her agent at the time, Doug Stewart, who advised her to fictionalize it, which she did.
- International Hot Book Properties, Week of September 10, 2018
Spanish agent Salmaia Lit controls all rights.
- Folio Literary Management Acquires Harold Ober Associates
A spokesperson for Folio said that with the sale, Westberg will be retiring, along with Ober agent Craig Tenney.
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of September 10, 2018
In Barnett’s (The Terrible Two) series debut, as an adult recalling a 1980s childhood caper—when he was called upon to be a secret agent—the narrator insists that the story is true.
- PW Star Watch 2018 Finalists
Part of that is because she has made her own luck by seeking out and building relationships with agents who represent the kinds of books, both fiction and nonfiction, whom she admires.Beyond her list, Wexler is committed to making S&S a better and more diverse place to work.
- PW Star Watch 2018 Honorees
Jeff DeutschDirectorSeminary Co-op Bookstores, ChicagoIn 2014, after two decades in academic bookselling, Deutsch took a job at the Seminary Co-op Bookstores in Chicago.
- Spotlight on Michael D. Cicchini
"The police and prosecutors use these tricks in every case, not just in Dassey's, and we citizens need to know what our government agents are doing."
- Sexual Harassment Uncovered at Christian Writing Conferences
The attack ended when she honked the horn, and then he blamed her for “wearing a pretty dress.”Hensley was contacted by PW and, on the advice of counsel, chose not to respond to any questions.Writers conferences and email exchanges were the venue for several women’s allegations of harassment by
- Joseph Olshan's New Novel Rides the Winds of Cultural Change
“Every agent has his or her contacts.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: August 2018
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 81 self-published titles below.
- The Soda Goes Pop In This New Novel
“We suspected an auction when the agent phone calls started,” she says.
- Book Deals: Week of August 27, 2018
Keller, who previously worked at the New York Times as a columnist and then executive editor, did not use an agent in the deal.For more children’s and YA book deals, see our latest Rights Report.Correction: An earlier version of this article misspelled the name of Andrea Tompa at Candle