- High Concepts, Big Book/Film Deals
Faulk, was sold by agent Joni Evans to S&S editor Michael Korda for a reported $300,000.
- McGraws, Père et Fils, to S and S
The sale was made through agent Jan Miller at Dupree/Miller and Associates, who was also the agent for son Jay McGraw'snew deal.
Hires Fine Celeste Bernadette Fine, formerly a foreign rights agent at Trident Media Group, has joined the company as an agent, managing foreign rights, mysteries, fiction and YA.
- Sargent Says Deal is Closer; Macmillan Royalty Rate to Rise
Sargent said he had been in discussions with the Authors Guild on the subject for weeks and, more recently, with agents, noting that the house has begun "informing them of our new terms."
- Afghan Voices
The book has already made a number of foreign sales and was bought here by Sonny Mehta at Knopf from Emma Parry at Carlisle & Company, acting on behalf of U.K. agent Patrick Walsh.
- Short Takes
Natural Causes: Death, Lies and Politics in America's Herbal Industry was bought for North American rights from agent Jane Dystel....
- A Woman in Hussein's Iraq
Little, Brown's Geoff Shandler bought the property from Washington agent Rafe Sagalyn in a major deal for world rights.
- PW: Rightsworld.com Offers Online Market
- Family Christian Stores Bankruptcy: PW’s Coverage
The problems then trickled down to authors and agents.
- German Airline Worker Strike Disrupts Some Post-Bologna Travel
She’s crossing her fingers for a refund from Lufthansa.Folio Literary Management agent Mellisa Sarver White was scheduled to fly home Thursday morning but instead will fly back from Milan Friday afternoon; she had to move hotels for one night in Bologna, and will take the train to Milan in the
- Frankfurt, Then and Now
"While the U.S. market has gone through troubles," says veteran Frankfurt agent Andrew Wylie, "other markets in Europe strengthen.
- PW Select August 2013: Ingrid Ricks’s Great Escape
Her celebration lasted minutes, until the agent told her that she needed to build a platform for herself.
- When Amazon Calls: Two Self-Published Authors Reflect
“And, yes, she’s my original agent.
- Women's Fiction at Frankfurt
And according to agent Taryn Fagerness, "other offers are expected soon."
- New York Rights Fair Maps a Booming Marketplace
“It’s an exciting place to be right now.”The scouts and agents also discussed how the rise of TV and episodic streaming adaptations has supercharged the rights marketplace.