- George McHugh Nicholson, 1937–2015
In 1995, Nicholson joined Sterling Lord Literistic as an agent for children’s and young adult books.
- Optimism High at Premier Christian Fiction Conference
The American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) conference held in Nashville, Tenn. from August 25-28 saw optimism from publishers, writers, and agents.
Agent Kim Witherspoon sold world rights; publication is expected in fall 2006.
- Deals: Week of 11/1/10
Agent Jenny Bent, of the Bent Agency, brokered the deal for Hartman, and the book is currently slated for 2012.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Lynn Whittaker.
- After Himalayas, Road to Success Isn't So Steep
However, since it had already been shopped around, no agent would take it on.
- Hollywood Reader
CAA's Sally Willcox co-agented.
- Deals: Week of March 26, 2012
Agent Wendy Sherman represented Wells.
- Deals: Week of October 15, 2012
Cook bought the book at auction from agent Edward Orloff at McCormick & Williams.
- Children's Job Moves: September 2016
Samantha Gentry has been promoted to assistant editor at Crown.Jessica Smith has joined Simon Pulse as editorial assistant.Sara Crowe is joining literary agency Pippin Properties as senior agent, as of September 14.
- Deals: Week of 9/6/10
Da Capo is planning a fall 2011 publication; agent Erin Hosier, at Dunlow Carlson & Lerner, brokered the deal.
- PW Talks to Global Kids Connect Speaker Ginger Clark
Agents are still going to have to get on a plane once or twice a year and see their co-agents and their favorite editors in order to maintain those relationships.
- Book Deals: Week of February 2, 2014
The authors did not use an agent in the deal.
- Book Deals: Week of April 29, 2013
Agent Holly Root at Waxman Leavell Literary represented debut author Amanda Maciel, who is an editor at Scholastic.
- Book Deals: Week of October 28, 2013
Agent Joshua Bilmes at Jabberwocky represented Sanderson.