- Publishing in Canada 2021: Jen Albert on Speculative Fiction in Canada
Polk, Fonda Lee, and Silvia Moreno-Garcia—usually find their success with American agents and at American or U.K. publishers.Short speculative fiction, on the other hand, is flourishing in Canada, and it is diverse.
- Book Deals: Week of December 9, 2013
Agent Steven Chudney at the Chudney Agency represented Sommers, and called Truest a novel of “summer love, smalltown secrets, and the darker side of philosophy.”
- Light Traffic but Upbeat Attitudes at Licensing Expo
It recently assigned The Joester Loria Group as its U.S. agent.
- Rights Report: Children's Books
Tracey Adams at Adams Literary was the agent.
- Oyster, Scribd Add Macmillan E-books; Frontlist Grows
“We developed this model with authors, agents and publishers from the beginning,” he said.
- Christian Fiction Writers Conference Abuzz with Industry Changes
\t \tIn a poignant note at the writers’ gathering, many industry professionals expressed sadness at the death on Sept. 10 of veteran agent Lee Hough of Alive Communications.
- Deals: Week of 7/11/11
Agent Deborah Grosvenor, of Grosvenor Literary, handled the sale.
- Spring 2010 Flying Starts: Jandy Nelson
Even though Nelson has worked as an agent for adult fiction and nonfiction for 13 years at Manus & Associates Literary Agency, she says she was overwhelmed when it came to choosing an agent for her YA book.
- NYRF: Secrets of Bestselling Translations
“International editors and scouts have been looking more and more toward what will be published in other languages besides English, said Marleen Seegers, owner and foreign rights agent at 2 Seas Agency.
- Book Deals: Week of February 29, 2016
The book was pitched by her agent as Jenny Han’s To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before “stranded on a deserted island.”
- #DVPit Connects NZ Author with Writers Community
After receiving almost 200 likes, 80 of which were from agents or editors, she sent out a first batch of 15 queries and sample pages.
Matthew Snyder co-agented.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Evan Marshall.
- Hollywood Reader
How to Be Hornby Agents, take note: if you pitch a book to editors as "Hornby-esque," film scouts will come sniffing.
- Hollywood Reader
A film deal would cap an already happy month for Mlynowski: lit agent Laura Dail recently sold Spellbooks & Sleeping Bags, the third in her YA Bras & Broomsticks series, to Random House for a six-figure advance.