- Writing Against the Odds
In the case of this contest, there was no guarantee of meetings with agents or literary managers.
- Fall 2021 Flying Starts: June CL Tan
Revising during chemotherapy proved draining, and she decided to tell her agent to submit again.
- Fall 2021 Flying Starts: Winsome Bingham
“Her agent said, ‘If you ever write a middle grade novel, since you have a middle grade voice, let me be the first to read it.’
- Fall 2021 Flying Starts: Natasha Bowen
Her students were enthusiastic supporters of her writing endeavors.After participating in the Twitter-based pitch event #PitMad, Bowen struck gold at #DVPit, a similar event centering marginalized writers, garnering interest from multiple agents.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: End of December
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 97 self-published titles below.
- Fall 2021 Flying Starts: Naaz Khan
Are you looking for an agent?’
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, December 12, 2021
The Night Agent by Matthew Quirk - 9780062875488 - (William Morrow) 15.
- Margaret Peterson Haddix's Long-Awaited Follow-up to 'Running Out of Time'
Tegen acquired the novel from Haddix’s agent, Tracey Adams at Adams Literary, who negotiated the deal for North American rights.
- A Forbidden Love Grows in Glasgow
The agent he wanted was Anna Stein at ICM Partners.
- Keeping the Flame of Freedom Alive
“They have agents inside the printers and mess up your publishing, cause headaches and massive delays,” Jin explains.Some years earlier, it had emerged that almost all bookstores in Hong Kong were secretly owned by mainland interests.
- Michael Pietsch Looks at Publishing’s (Near) Future
There was a time when major publishers needed to be in New York—home of their corporate parents, the media outlets they rely on for publicity and marketing, and the literary agents who represent the writers they work with.
- A Call to the Children's Publishing Community: Join the Fight for School Librarians
I urge my fellow authors and illustrators, agents, and publishers—whether parents or not, whether your school still has a library or not—to get involved in this fight.
- Licensing Hotline: December 2021
“It just felt like the right time and the right people,” said Rebecca Emberley, who negotiated the deal, advised by agent Rick Richter of Aevitas Creative Management, on behalf of the family.
- Spring 2022 Announcements: SF, Fantasy & Horror
Climate change looms large in science fiction, fantasies draw from myth and legend, and horror takes on social inequalities in this season’s offerings.Top 10The Ballad of Perilous GravesAlex Jennings.
- Spring 2022 Announcements: Literary Fiction
Big-name writers entertain big ideas about the future and have fun with the past in this season’s crop.