- The Binc Foundation's Message of Fellowship
Binc is honored to partner with thousands of advocates, including agents, artists and illustrators, authors, publishers, distributors, sales reps, bookstore and comic shop owners and employees, volunteers, trade associations, readers and fans to ensure a relevant, strong, and sustainable foundation
- Book Deals: Week of August 9, 2021
The agent described A Black Girl in the Middle as a “memoir-in-essays collection.”
- Jessamine Chan's Chilling Debut Novel
Still, by spring 2019 she was ready to query agents.
- 2021 SCBWI Conference: Craft, Perseverance, and Connection
Subsequently attending the SCBWI Mid-Atlantic Conference with copies of her portfolio in hand secured Harrison an agent, Carrie Hannigan of HG Literary, who still represents her today.
- 2021 SCBWI Conference: Significant Market Transformation Due to Covid-19
In conclusion, Halverson mentioned the burnout that many agents and editors are experiencing due to the pandemic, especially amid increased submissions.
- HarperCollins Will Return to the Office in October
He noted that HC’s San Francisco and Boston offices will continue to work remotely for the time being.In explaining HC’s approach, Murray wrote: “We believe that a hybrid approach will allow us to collaborate, innovate, and make the all-important connections with authors and agents that are int
- Rights Report: Week of August 2, 2021
Mary Kate Castellani at Bloomsbury has acquired, at auction, She Is a Haunting by Trang Thanh Tran.
- Syrian Heat: PW Talks with David McCloskey
.), combines a tale of old-fashioned tradecraft in Syria with a taboo relationship between an American agent and a woman official who works deep inside the Assad regime.Why did you choose Syria as the setting for your first work of fiction?
- U.K. Authors Rally to Protect Copyright
s Publishers Association with the Society of Authors, the Association of Authors' Agents, and the Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society.A version of this story initially ran in BookBrunch.
- Bisi Adjapon's Searing American Debut
After this early success, an agent approached Adjapon and there was an interested editor, who was subsequently fired, and, she says, “That was that.”Discouraged, back in Ghana, Adjapon decided to publish in Nigeria.
- Pandemic Missed Connections: July 29, 2021
Knopf Books for Young ReadersOver the course of my years as an editor I’ve honed my pitch to agents, but my one weird, specific ask has always been the same: send me a time-travel novel that is so smart and fun I don’t get distracted by whether time travel is really possible.
- Authors Guild Diversity Webinar Asks: Can Book Publishing Change?
Lennertz said the slow increase in the number of senior executives of color, BIPOC creators, mentors, editors and agents, and conferences focused on the issue, “make me hopeful, even though there’s more work to do.”Moderated by librarian and activist Judy Allen Dodson, the second half of
- Being There: Close-up on 'Allies: Real Talk About Showing Up, Screwing Up, And Trying Again'
Agent and author Marietta B.
- Religion News Briefs: July 28, 2021
Smith will lead marketing and brand strategies and be involved in acquisitions and author development for the imprint, with the goal, Paulson said, to “expand our reach into new markets and up-level our work with authors and agents.”
- Print Manufacturers in Hong Kong and China Face Pandemic Chaos Head-On
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.