- Sealed & Delivered
A few months later, my agent said, 'I have an idea.
- PW: Obituaries
Gregory, a literary agent for more than 60 years, died after a long illness April 6.Gregory suffered a stroke in 1993.
- New Auel Novel to Get World Send-off
Those publishers have already paid the Jean Naggar Agency, Auel's agent, a total approaching $8 million for translation rights, believed to be a record for a fiction work over so short a time.
- PW: Hot Deals: Math Books Adding Up
Last week, in a mid-six-figure, U.S. and Canada rights deal, IMG agent David Chalfant sold Singh's next book, The Code, a historical look at code-breaking, to Peternelle van Arsdale, the Doubleday paperback executive editor who earlier acquired the Enigma reprint, which is comi
- Amid Reports, A Miramax Departure
"If we lose our primary contact for a book, our worry is real, regardless of how much hand-holding Hyperion or Disney does," one agent noted, adding that the departure of a high-profile editor added to their concerns.
- BEA 2016: Kristina Riggle: A Novel of Note
“I love writing about families so much that I thought, one way I could meet my agent’s challenge would be to take on a family and make it across generations,” she says.
- Teen Writing Site Figment Publishes First Print Title
While Lewis acknowledge that agents and publishers visit the site to find new talent, he considers that secondary to Figment’s primary mission.
- Spies and Honey Traps: PW Talks with Jason Matthews
\t \tIn Red Sparrow, your agent, Dominika Egorova, is trained as a “sparrow,” a seductress used as bait in “honey traps.”
- Hot Topic: The Allure of The Cheeky Blog
Agent Brian DeFiore warned, though, that not all cheeky Web sites are created equal.
- Basic's 'Cloak and Dagger' Book
Basic became the U.S. publisher of the book thanks to McKeown and acquiring editor Don Fehr's relationship with Penguin U.K. editor Stuart Profitt, who was originally approached by Andrew's agent, Bill Hamilton, about the book.
- Changes Coming to the Frankfurt Book Fair
"Likewise, in the agents center we would typically have 700 to 800 agents working, but our digital Frankfurt Rights platform saw 4,165 people sign up."
- Building Better Monsters: PW Talks with Maureen Callahan
He benefited enormously, and this is something even agents on this case didn’t know before: serial killers often learn from the good guys.
- BEA 2013: Pierce Brown: Six Is the Charm
\tSince the age of 18, Brown has written six fantasy and historical fiction manuscripts, but none was published, or even agented.
- Kirshbaum to Leave Amazon Publishing
Amazon said Kirshbaum's last day will be January 17 and that he plans to return to agenting.
- Confusion, Backtracking at Dorchester After 'All Digital' Headlines
A number of agents, speaking on the condition of anonymity, expressed concerns about the situation at Dorchester.