- Four Questions for...Finnish Agent Elina Ahlback
We talked with Elina Ahlback, founder and CEO of the Finland-based Elina Ahlback Literary Agency, to discuss her country's recent run as Guest of Honor at the Frankfurt Book Fair, the lure of "Finnish Weird," and the current "Scandi-trend" in international publishing.
- AGENT 146: The True Story of a Nazi Spy in America
What is it like to pass yourself off as an ordinary citizen in an enemy state for nefarious purposes?
- Obituary: Literary Agent Lois Wallace, 73
Lois Wallace, founder of the Wallace Literary agency, died April 4 in New York City.
- All the Agents and Saints: Dispatches from the U.S. Borderlands
Travel writer Elizondo Griest (Around the Bloc: My Life in Moscow, Beijing, and Havana) meditates on the existential nature and impact of international borderlines through her encounters with people along the Mexican and Canadian borders in the United States.
- Merrymakers Turns Agent with Pete the Cat Licensing Program
Since it was founded in 1994, Merrymakers has been known as a licensee, creating plush and other gift items tied to children’s book properties and selling them to the specialty and book trade.
- London Blood: Further Adventures of the American Agent Abroad
Benjamin Franklin again takes time from his colonial trade mission chores to help solve several nasty murders in London, circa 1759.
- Moral Agents: Eight Twentieth-Century American Writers
Mendelson takes a fascinating look at the public personas and private selves of eight well-known male writers in 20th-century America, profiling them in relation to literature and the larger culture.
- IN THE PIRATE'S DEN: My Life as a Secret Agent for Castro
Masetti spins a tale of progressive disillusionment with communism.
- Idea Agent: Leadership That Liberates Creativity and Accelerates Innovation
A geologist-turned-manager at Corning, Echeverría proves skillful at managing scientists to develop cutting-edge products, such as the glass panels used for televisions and other displays.
- Women as Revolutionary Agents of Change: The Hite Reports and Beyond
The extensive excerpts from Hite's widely discussed and influential first survey and two later books on sexuality and love provide a coherent overview of her work over the last 18 years.
- Agent of Destiny: The Life and Times of General Winfield Scott
Despite the publisher's contention that this is "the first-ever biography" of Winfield Scott (1786-1866), Eisenhower's (Intervention!)
- An Impeccable Spy: Richard Sorge, Stalin's Master Agent
Former war correspondent Matthews (Stalin’s Children) examines Soviet spymaster Richard Sorge in this vivid biography.
- The Secret Agent Training Manual: How to Make and Break Top Secret Messages: A Companion to the Secret Agents Jack and Max Stalwart Series
Publishing simultaneously with the first two books in the Secret Agents Jack and Max Stalwart series, a spin-off of Hunt’s Secret Agent Jack Stalwart chapter books, this informative workbook highlights more than 25 cryptographic techniques.
- Lit Agent Machinist Among Newly Named Partners at ICM
ICM Partners has added nine agents as partners, including literary agent Alexandra Machinist.
- London Book Fair 2013:Defining the New Role for Literary Agents
In this way, Lownie noted, literary agents have become more like, "sports agents or celebrity managers," in so far as they now need to look after their author's entire career.