- “Pinch Me, I’m Dreaming”
I email the agent back with an unholy number of exclamation marks.
- Jill Corcoran Expands Into Adult Market
Jill Corcoran Literary Agency, in an effort to both extend its reach in the children's book market and expand into the adult market, has announced the addition of four new agents.Timothy Travaglini, the former director of children's acquisitions at Open Road, has joined the company as a litera
- Q&A: Garry Trudeau Talks Trump
Local figures generally require a lot of exposition, but by then Trump and his imaginary press agents had done such a good job of self-promotion, it turned out not to be a problem.What sort of feedback about this book were you hearing from readers before the election?
- Global Kids Connect: A Further Look at Issues and Trends for Children’s Publishers
Once the publisher and rights department are fully behind a book, Clarke said, the push to rope in foreign agents can begin in earnest, adding that it’s important to continue to nurture a book once it proves a success.
- Want to Succeed at Self-Publishing? Write in Your Own Voice: Tips from an Indie Author
After finishing Marked for Death, Stoen found a literary agent who tried to sell the book, but many of the younger people Stoen encountered in the publishing industry told him they had never heard of Jonestown.
- China, Brexit Big Topics at Global Kids Connect Conference
Children’s books, Huang said, represent about 44% of revenue generated by Chinese physical bookstores and about 32% of book sales at online booksellers.Literary agent Ginger Clark led a lively discussion on “Sales and Acquisitions in an Unpredictable Marketplace” with a panel of scouts and rights direc
- Spring 2017 Announcements: Comics & Graphic Novels
Bond is trapped in Los Angeles with an MI6 agent under fire and a foreign intelligence service trying to put them both in bags.
- Spring 2017 Announcements: Memoirs & Biographies
Special Agent recalls his often dangerous exploits as a law enforcement agent over more than 30 years, offering an eye-opening look at smugglers and other criminals involved in the sale of counterfeit documents, narcotics, and weapons.AtriaPoetry Will Save Your Life by Jill Bialosky (June 13
- Spring 2017 Announcements: Mysteries & Thrillers
In 1949, CIA agent Frank Weeks was exposed as a Communist spy and fled the U.S.
- Spring 2017 Announcements: Science
Ingraham accessibly relates this story of discovery and how we may soon know how life began over 3.5 billion years ago.Viruses: Agents of Evolutionary Invention by Michael G.
- Spring 2017 Announcements: Business & Economics
New ideas for closing the income gap between America’s überwealthy and the rest of society are presented in several of the spring’s most important business books.Top 10The Airbnb Story: How Three Ordinary Guys Disrupted an Industry, Made Billions... and Created Plenty of ControversyLeigh Gallagher.
- Global Kids Connect Surveys China, Latin America and Brexit
Literary agent Ginger Clark led a lively discussion on “Sales and Acquisitions in an Unpredictable Marketplace,” with a panel of scouts and rights directors that included Kelly Farber, Rachel Hecht and Allison Hellegers.
- Spotlight on Nancy Rose’s Secretive Squirrels
Her work caught the eye of agent Jackie Kaiser of Westwood Creative Artists in Toronto.
- A Publisher Specializing in Translations Grows in Oakland
“We’re a pretty old-school publisher at heart—we really value our relationships with translators and agents and foreign houses,” Adam said.
- An Immigrant Story: Shanthi Sekaran
But the agent very quickly brought Sekaran down to earth, she says.