- Calling 'Cancel Culture' What It Is
Capitol), wrote in the Wall Street Journal in January that he’d been in conversations with “publishers, editors, and agents who wondered when and how the mob would come for them.”I haven’t had these kinds of conversations with publishers, editors, and agents, but I have talked to
- Wise Wolf Books Paves an Adventurous New Path for Teen and Young Adult Titles
When any author or agent approaches the publisher, the first thing it assesses is how many titles the author is bringing to the table.
- Stacey Abrams Is a Power Player in Her First Legal Thriller
“Stacey is 100% who she seems to be,” says her agent Linda Loewenthal.
- Soapbox: Supporting Children's Editors and Agents in the Effort to Diversify
Suddenly agents were in demand.Since then, the number of children’s agents has seemed to increase every year.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, March 21, 2021
The Secret Agent by Elisabeth Hobbes - 9780008400125 - (One More Chapter) 17.
- Four Questions for Ambreen Tariq
My agent, Zoe Sandler, connected with the people at Kokila an imprint of Penguin Random House focused on inclusiveness.
- #DVPit Founder Launches Nonprofit to Better Serve Diverse Authors, Illustrators
Editors have more input into which submissions they receive, she explained, and can solicit projects directly from the agents “instead of waiting for a submission to fall into their lap.”
- Remembering a Year to Forget
—Johanna Castillo, agent, Writers House “When I think of the early days of the pandemic, I feel such gratitude for the team I get to work with.
- How Books Can Address Economic Inequality
Economists and political activists have been issuing warnings about growing economic inequality, or the widening economic disparity between social groups, in the U.S. for years.
- A Campus Killer Stalks the Pages of This Debut Thriller
It’s not usual for an author to disappear after a prominent agent has responded to a query letter.
- Religion Book Deals: March 24, 2021
Agent Christy Fletcher at Fletcher and Co., brought world rights from Convergent editorial Keren Baltzer.
- Q & A with Aisha Saeed
When I began submitting Written in the Stars to agents, I started Amal Unbound.
- Rights Report: Week of March 15, 2021
Alessandra Balzer at HarperCollins/Balzer + Bray has acquired, in a four-house auction, The Lesbiana's Guide to Catholic School by debut author Sonora Reyes.
- Licensing Hotline: March 2021
So it was time to bring a licensing agent on, and Melissa and stepped up with a vision for licensing and partnership.” “ allows us to offer more of a 360-degree program,” Segal said.
- Podium Audio Hit New Milestones in 2020
Dickey joined the company in September 2019, and among the hires last year was Kate Runde, director of acquisitions and author relations; she had previously been director of publicity for Vintage Books and Anchor Books.Independent authors and storytellers have been Podium’s main creative source for audiobooks,