- PW: Religion Publishers Have Active AAR/SBL Meeting
Coogan said that before he had an agent, he thought he was carefully negotiating his own deals.
- Fall 2011 Flying Starts: Marie Lu
A firm advocate of value added by agents and editors, Lu advises all aspiring writers to find representation first.
- Book Deals: Week of September 1, 2014
Agent Emily S.
- Children's Job Moves: June 2016
She was previously an agent at Sterling Lord Literistic.
- Deals: Week of 5/3/2010
Agent William Clark, of William Clark Associates, brokered the deal.
- Children's Job Moves: August 2016
And Renee Nyen has been promoted to literary agent; she was formerly associate agent.
- Barbarians at the Gate?
Publishers and agents are good at math.
- Some Big Deals Pre-BEA
Vollmann, and Eggers bought U.S. hardcover rights only from agent Susan Golomb.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, Gail Hochman.
- Roundtable Launches the Read Japan Project
In reality, there is no ‘literary agents’ in the Japanese publishing world.
- The Power of a Rave Review
“Several agents asked to see the manuscript, and within a week of sending it out, I had more than one offer of representation...I think the Critic’s Report might be what helped me finally garner the interest of agents,” Rubin said.
- PW: Buying, Selling Rights At GoodStory.com
"We've also been meeting with publishing houses, agents and studios, and we're getting a good response."
- Man Against Nature: The Next Hot Genre?
"Some people are saying that adventure narrative is the next memoir," Krichevksy, agent to Junger, told PW.
- Can E-mails Be Binding in Publishing Deals?
Since the audio house did not have a signed contract from the agent for the audiobook, even after it was put on sale, the agent pressed for the title to be pulled from circulation.
Weil acquired North American rights from agent Elyse Cheney.