- Book Deals: Week of August 10, 2020
The agent elaborated that the book “will bring readers to the front lines of the battle for equal rights in our country’s athletic institutions and prove once and for all that sex exists on a spectrum.”Nagorski Gets Freudian at S&SHitlerland author and former Newsweek journalist Andrew Nagorski sold To
- So Much More Than Ghostwriting: Spotlight on Kevin Anderson & Associates
“Whenever agents, agencies, publishers, and so on first learn about our firm and our services and processes, they often ask us, ‘Where have you been my whole life?’”
- Shared Work of Resistance: PW Talks with Willie James Jennings
The goal is to weave together a wide group of people to all be talking deeply, together, about an ecology that is academic ecology embedded in a wider, damaged ecology.You write about how easily white people become agents of white supremacy even when trying to be anti-racist.One of the
- James Oseland Takes You Down Mexico Way for a Nosh
There’s a startling connection in cooking techniques across all cuisines.”Oseland took his idea for World Food to agent Doe Coover, founder and owner of the Doe Coover Agency in Massachusetts.
- Q & A with Daniel Nayeri
Carol Mann is one of the greats—a wonderful agent from whom I learned that I would make a terrible agent.
- Middle Ground Book Fest: A Panel on the Post-2020 Middle Grade Landscape
Johnson described agenting as being the middleman between the writer and editor.
- Rights Report: Week of August 3, 2020
Ben Rosenthal at HarperCollins/Tegen has bought, in a two-book deal, North American rights to a middle-grade series from former NBA All-Star Caron Butler (l.)
- Children's Job Moves: July 2020
Kayla Cichello is joining Upstart Crow Literary as agent, as of August 1.
- Book Deals: Week of August 3, 2020
In the book, HMH said, Strzok “draws on lessons from a long career—from his role in the Russian illegals case that inspired the TV series The Americans to his service as lead FBI agent on the Mueller investigation—to construct a devastating account of foreign influence at the highest levels of
- Canadian Libraries Respond to 'Globe and Mail' Essay Attacking Public Libraries
As literary agent Rick Pascocello has said, “They aren’t gaming the system, they own the system.”
- In Conversation: Saadia Faruqi and Laura Shovan
After talking with my agent, Stephen Barbara, the idea to co-author the book started taking shape.
- Agents Protest London Book Fair's Handling of Refunds
Agents who canceled their tables prior to the fair's ultimate, formal cancellation announcement had no money returned.
- Q & A with Kim Johnson
She got to take some of those independent threads and be the agent in her story.
- Coronavirus Poem Goes from Facebook Post to Picture Book
Over the years, O’Meara has written a number of manuscripts, but her disillusionment with the complexities of the publishing trade caused her to abandon attempts to find an agent.
- 'Frederick': A Mouse with a Message
Kirsten Hall is a children’s book agent at Catbird Productions and award-winning author (The Jacket; The Gold Leaf; The Honeybee).