- The Virtual Author School Visit Evolves
Visiting young readers at schools and libraries is a significant part of many children’s book authors’ and illustrators’ jobs.
- Dawnie Walton Writes a Rockin' Novel
“He was actually one of the agents I hadn’t met,” Walton says.
- Talia Hibbert Keeps On Writing On
After a literary agent approached her, she says she was “freaking out.”
- The Best Book Party on Earth
It was a chance to meet people with whom we’d only had phone conversations, a chance to unexpectedly run into an agent (and remember the elevator pitch for that undiscovered narrative nonfiction manuscript that was sitting back home), and a chance to see old friends and catch up.
- Under a White Sky: The Nature of the Future
Agent: Kathy Robbins, the Robbins Office.
- Frankfurt Book Fair New York Is Closing
Minkus, who worked with Frankfurt for 20 years, will be leaving the company.The office, which was previously known as the German Book Office and rebranded as the Frankfurt Book Fair in New York in 2017, served a variety of roles, including selling exhibition space to North Americans and organizi
- Meet the 2020 BookLife Prize Fiction Finalists!
This year’s BookLife Prize in Fiction welcomed more than 700 submissions across five categories.
- Rights Report: Week of December 7, 2020
Haunted by the stigma of being part machine, Auri is set on proving her worth as an investigative agent.
- Three O'Clock in the Morning
Agent: David Forrer, InkWell Management.
- Scot on the Rocks (Main)
Agent: Lisa Moylett, CMM Literary (U.K.).
- Crimson Lake Road
Agent: Ann Leslie Tuttle, Dystel, Goderich & Bourret.
- The Progressive Apparatus And More Fantasticals
And a cult researcher and his Trekkie-turned-federal-agent ex-girlfriend face off against a religion founded by a sci-fi writer in “Cult Stories.”
- Meet You in the Middle
Agent: Kim Lionetti, Bookends Literary.
Agent: Russell Galen, Scovil Galen Ghosh Literary.
- Confident Women: Swindlers, Grifters, and Shapeshifters of the Feminine Persuasion
Agent: Erin Hosier, Dunow, Carlson & Lerner Literary.