- Job Moves: August 10, 2010
Adam Friedstein has joined Anderson Literary Management as a literary agent.
- Job Moves: July 8, 2013
\tEmma Parry has joined Janklow & Nesbit as an agent.
- Rebecca Stead Joins New Literary Agency
“In so many ways, being a literary agent is an irresistible job to me.
- New Macmillan Contract Latest Wrinkle in Pricing Conundrum
Some agents and publishers advocate delaying the release of e-book editions in order to preserve publishers' hardcover business.
- Book Deals: Week of July 18, 2016
Wendy Lefkon and Alexis Banyon at Disney brokered the agreement with agent Emily van Beek at Folio Jr.
- The Eyes of the Queen, Volume 1
Agent: Lisa Gallagher, DeFiore and Co.
- All Eyes on Amazon Publishing
One agent said he would be particularly leery about taking a big author to Amazon.
- Connections, Chance, and Content Deck the Halls
It was empowering for me as a young person in the agenting business to see not only that agents still matter but so do their well-honed, traditional methods of doing business.
- Hot Deals
Agents Selling Each OtherIt's reasonably newsy when one agent sells the work of another to a publisher; when the second agent then reciprocates by selling the work of the first in turn, something is clearly going on.
- Why All the Fuss About Kindle 2 Text-to-Speech Rights?
Other agents were less skeptical.
- Digital Book World: e-Royalties, Amazon and the Shape of Things To Come
He said that 1/3 of the agents have deals over 25% for e-book royalties and half the agents said they have deals with larger e-book royalties on backlist titles.
- What's Ahead for Random House?
One agent would love to see the “nepotistic buy”—which he described as “buying something just to stay on the happy list of a big agent”—fall by the wayside.
- Short Takes
Susan Newman, and Diggs paid a quarter-million to an agent new to us, Djana Pearson Morris of Washington's Pearson Morris & Belt.
- The PW Morning Report: Wednesday, June 9, 2010
----> International Agent Publishing Perspectives talks to a literary agent based in Turkey.<!
- The Lesson of 'Lessons'
Enter Chicago-based agent Joseph Durepos, who sought, along with a number of other agents, to take him on.