- Latina Children's Authors Launch Digital Writers Series
The two discussed the reasons that authors need an agent and how to find the right one.
- Enemy Lines: Mysteries & Thrillers 2020
Olen Steinhauer dreamed up CIA agent Milo Weaver more than a decade ago.
- Border Disorder: Mysteries & Thrillers 2020
In Make Them Cry (Ecco, Sept.) by Smith Henderson (Fourth of July Creek) and first-time novelist Jon Marc-Smith, DEA agent Diane Harbaugh heads to the border after receiving intel from a high-ranking cartel member that unearths a conspiracy dating to the beginning of the Afghanistan
- As Coronavirus Spreads, Publishers Struggle with When, and How, to Move Pub Dates
Jennifer Weltz, an agent at the Jean V.
- Scott Turow Finds the Thrilling Life, in Court and in Books
Bruce Vinokour, his film agent at CAA, says, “When you talk about books-to-film, there are three things that are important: character, character, character.
- Mindful Action: PW Talks with Sharon Salzberg
Salzberg, cofounder of the Insight Meditation Society, looks at how mindfulness can be a catalyst for social action in Real Change (Flatiron, June).What drew you to speak with some of the “social change agents” you feature in the book?
- Life, Lust, and Science in Arlene Heyman’s Debut
Everyone said the novella should be a novel, but in the meantime there were short stories—and many agents.
- Philip Stead Gives Zolotow Story a New Look and Life
The illustrator weaves a novel visual thread and an intergenerational component into Zolotow’s storyline, in which a girl explores her garden during the changing seasons, by introducing a second character, an older woman who shares the young heroine’s delight in nature as they watch the birds, fly a kit
- Licensing Hotline: March 2020
New Directions for Fox ChapelFox Chapel Publishing is taking on a new role as a licensing agent.
- Q & A with Pete Oswald
Well, I have to give a shout-out to Kirsten Hall, my agent.
- Coronavirus Updates: Impact on Children's Books
Rowling Releases First Serialization of New Story OnlineMay 21· Candlewick Launches Online Summer ‘Camp’ · Beth Bacon’s ‘Covid-19 Helpers’ E-Book Wins Global Health Award· In Support of Indie Bookstores, Dozens of Illustrators Send A
- Macmillan Abandons Library E-book Embargo
“There are times in life when differences should be put aside,” reads a brief memo from Macmillan CEO John Sargent addressed to librarians, authors, illustrators, and agents.
- Q & A with Carole Lindstrom and Michaela Goade
When I showed it to my agent , she said, “Could you think about maybe making it more lyrical?”
- Book Deals: Week of March 16, 2020
Clive Priddle bought the book from London-based agent Georgina Capel in a simultaneous deal with William Collins, a division of HarperCollins UK.
- COVID-19: Ongoing List of Cancellations
Publishers Weekly is maintaining a list of canceled events, impacted book industry functions and policies, and more on this list as a resource for navigating the new coronavirus and its impact on the industry.