- S&S Acquires Self-Pubbed 'Life's a Witch' in Three-Book Deal
\t \tAfter the first PW story about her ran in December, Geragotelis was overwhelmed with foreign rights interest in the book (she was immediately signed by a literary agent and a foreign rights agent).
- Hot Deals
Agent for both books was Charlotte Sheedy.
- Q & A with Erin McCahan
I sold my first YA book with an agent, though that agent is no longer in the field.
- Hot Deals
Agent Neil Olson at Donadio and Ashworth sold Karp North American rights, and has made British and German deals.
- Hot Deals
Agent was Michael Carlisle....
- Authors Guild Unveils New Model Trade Book Contract
“While it’s unlikely you or your agent will be able to convince some publishers to remove such a clause from the contract completely, we suggest some language and provisions that would reduce the risk of a publisher exercising it without true cause.”In developing the new contract, the Guild receive
- Book Deals: Week of October 13, 2014
The book will, according to the agent, help parents raise readers through hands-on activities.
- Industry Veterans Form A New Christian Fiction Publishing House
Balow was head of marketing for the Left Behind series for Tyndale and, for the last three years, a literary agent with The Steve Laube Agency.
- Mystery Notes
Agent, James Vines.
- ECPA Conference Focuses on International Rights
Forty publishing houses from 17 states were represented, with 152 participants, including 25 foreign rights agents.
- Short Takes
The author is U. of Pittsburgh history professor Marcus Rediker and the agent was Sandy Dijkstra....
- From Russia, Without Love: PW Talks with Robert Dugoni
.), someone is knocking off U.S. sleeper agents in Russia.Can you elaborate on how a meeting with a man who “had a story to tell” spurred this novel?
- Want to Succeed in Self-Publishing? Be Realistic: Tips from an Indie Author
He landed an agent, but when he lost his job at Bloomberg News, he started looking into self-publishing.
- A Rival of Sherlock Holmes: PW Talks with Mick Finlay
The next step was to try and make him different from Holmes.Can you expand on Arrowood’s view of himself as an “emotional agent, not a deductive agent”?
- Children's Job Moves: December 2014
Zacker has been promoted to senior agent at the Nancy Gallt Literary Agency.