- AAP Suit Seeks to Block Implementation of Audible Captions
Under Captions, Audible will transcribe a book’s audio in order to create text that will run along with the audio.When news of the program first leaked in mid-July, publishers and agents expressed strong concerns that Captions engaged in copyright infringement.
- Beijing Book Fair 2019: Digital and Children’s Content Reigns
Having sat through a dozen or so meetings pre-arranged by her agent, Rucker found that “there is a potential customer for every title—adult and children—that I have in my catalogue.
- Is Regan Arts Back in Business?
Did the author use an agent?
- Do Publishers Suddenly Hate Libraries?
In a memo to authors and agents last month, Macmillan CEO John Sargent all but blamed libraries for depressing book sales and author earnings.
- Book Deals: Week of August 19, 2019
The new deal marks the 11th and 12th novels from Bell, all edited by Perez and all agented by Becker.
- Q & A with Laurel Snyder
My agent told me that when you give somebody a magic wand, they can wish for anything, so the realistic threats in their lives become weaker.
- 2019 Fiction Readers Summit Elevates Authors: A Photo Essay
“Not only do they learn from each other, but friendships are forged that will only better the community of Christian fiction.”Karen Barnett, author of the Vintage National Parks series (WaterBrook), added: “As authors we get isolated, or we go to conferences where we talk with editors and
- Obituary: Lee Bennett Hopkins
., and Hopkins’s literary agent, offered this appreciation: “We are going to miss Lee terribly.
- Kimberly King Parsons on the Most Difficult Story She Ever Wrote
I ended up signing with a terrific agent who helped me understand the shape of my collection.
- Like Father, Like Son: Nelson DeMille and Son Team Up
Rucci had always been a DeMille fan, along with S&S publisher Jonathan Karp, and when they heard that Nelson was looking for a change, they mentioned to his agents that they were very interested.
- Thomas Taylor Dives into Seaside Intrigue in 'Malamander'
Agent Kirsty McLachlan at London-based DGA Ltd. brokered the book deal, as well as Sony Pictures’ recent acquisition of film rights to Malamander for what the publisher calls a “substantial preempt.”
- Rights Report: Week of August 5, 2019
Holly West at Feiwel and Friends has acquired world rights, in a three-book deal, to bestselling author Mo O'Hara's (l.) first graphic novel series, Agent Moose, illustrated by Jess Bradley.
- Book Deals: Week of August 5, 2019
The debut novel, explained McHugh’s agent, Laura Dail at the Laura Dail Literary Agency, is historical fiction and focuses on Vicky, the oldest daughter of Queen Victoria.
- Avid Reader Press Off to Quick Start
We plan to keep collaborating with authors, agents, booksellers, and the media.”
- Build a Career Path in Christian Publishing: Join PWedu’s Christian Publishing Summit
Hear from company leaders who are creating new narratives around book coverage and fostering diverse authors, subjects, and stories.Sessions include A Search for Meaning in which we will hear from a keynote speaker on the business behind big books; Grooming Christian Authors for Crossover Success; Lessons f