- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, November 10, 2019
Lethal Agent by Kyle Mills & Vince Flynn - 9781501190643 - (AtriaEmily Bestler Books) 11.
- Rights Report: Week of November 11, 2019
This story follows Nine, a wild jungle cat and secret agent who is as skilled at getting out of trouble as she is at getting herself into it.
- Photo Essay: Christy Awards 2019 and The Art of Writing Conference
A panel titled Publishing Pros Share Their Secrets about Marketing featured Revell’s marketing director Michele Misiak, B&H’s v-p of marketing Dave Schroeder, literary agent and publisher Steve Laube; and Bogel.
- Stephanie Wrobel’s 'Darling Rose Gold' Finds a Mother From Hell
“I made a list of about 25 agents and sent out queries,” she says.
- Jeanine Cummins's New Novel Is a Harrowing Immigrant's Tale
I had talked about it with my agent, Doug Stewart at Sterling Lord, and I think my editor at NAL was in agreement that my time there had run its course and I was ready for something new.
- Religion Writers In Profile
Benckhuysen: Raising Women’s VoicesCast off the portrait of Eve—the “weaker vessel,” agent of the Fall, subordinate to made-from-dust Adam—that millennia of male biblical scholars and theologians have drawn from Genesis 1–3.
- Book Deals: Week of November 11, 2019
The agent added that the novel “unspools like a speculative YA version of In Cold Blood.”
- Folio Lit Acquires Emma Sweeney Agency
(Before ESA, Brown was at Thomas Dunne Books.)Folio has 20 literary agents and represents over 1,000 authors.
- Penguin Random House to Acquire Complete Works of Eric Carle
Penguin will continue to work with the Joester Loria Group, licensing agent for the Eric Carle brand since 2011.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, November 3, 2019
Lethal Agent by Kyle Mills & Vince Flynn - 9781501190643 - (AtriaEmily Bestler Books) 8.
- Children's Job Moves: October 2019
She will serve as the main contact for HarperCollins Children's Books with agents, studios, networks, producers, and talent, and will advise the IP team on media potential for projects.
- Hachette, Warned by DoJ, Moving Ahead With 'A Warning'
The Department of Justice has warned Hachette Book Group that its planned publication of A Warning by an anonymous Trump administration official may violate a non-disclosure agreement.In a letter addressed to HBG general counsel Carol Ross and Javelin agents Matt Latimer and Keith Urbahn, who represent the
- Book Deals: Week of November 4, 2019
Susannah Palfrey at Hachette Children’s Book Group handled the North American rights agreement on behalf of the author’s primary agent, Becky Thomas at Johnson & Alcock.
- Is Publishing Too Top-Heavy?
“There is no doubt that it has gotten harder to sustain a career as a midlist author,” the agent said.
- Guadalajara 2019: The U.S.-Mexico Border As a Literary Character
In a sense, he said, it could be a real and armed person: an American or Mexican soldier, an ICE agent, a member of the U.S.