- Jenny Slate's New Book Is a Box of Treats
and “A psychic recently looked right into the eternal cosmos and then returned to me with this elegant yet cryptic message: Grow up,” you can get a sense of the deliciousness and originality of Little Weirds.And you will understand when her agent, Claudia Ballard of William Morris Endeavor,
- Taking a Closer Look at the Hong Kong and China Printing Industry
These answers will determine the extent of the migration and the long-term impact on the U.S. book industry and China’s print manufacturing.”Depression in the print segment, Currie says, will then exert an upstream disruption to paper mills and agents in Hong Kong and China.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: August 2019
Booksellers, publishers, librarians, and agents are encouraged to look at the 99 self-published titles below.
- Religion and Spirituality Books Preview: Sept. 2019
FBI agents Leah Riesel and Jon Colbert team up to track down a killer on the loose in Galveston, Tex., who is killing law enforcement officials using injections of snake venom.Memo
- AAP Suit Seeks to Block Implementation of Audible Captions
Under Captions, Audible will transcribe a book’s audio in order to create text that will run along with the audio.When news of the program first leaked in mid-July, publishers and agents expressed strong concerns that Captions engaged in copyright infringement.
- Beijing Book Fair 2019: Digital and Children’s Content Reigns
Having sat through a dozen or so meetings pre-arranged by her agent, Rucker found that “there is a potential customer for every title—adult and children—that I have in my catalogue.
- Is Regan Arts Back in Business?
Did the author use an agent?
- Do Publishers Suddenly Hate Libraries?
In a memo to authors and agents last month, Macmillan CEO John Sargent all but blamed libraries for depressing book sales and author earnings.
- Book Deals: Week of August 19, 2019
The new deal marks the 11th and 12th novels from Bell, all edited by Perez and all agented by Becker.
- Q & A with Laurel Snyder
My agent told me that when you give somebody a magic wand, they can wish for anything, so the realistic threats in their lives become weaker.
- 2019 Fiction Readers Summit Elevates Authors: A Photo Essay
“Not only do they learn from each other, but friendships are forged that will only better the community of Christian fiction.”Karen Barnett, author of the Vintage National Parks series (WaterBrook), added: “As authors we get isolated, or we go to conferences where we talk with editors and
- Obituary: Lee Bennett Hopkins
., and Hopkins’s literary agent, offered this appreciation: “We are going to miss Lee terribly.
- Kimberly King Parsons on the Most Difficult Story She Ever Wrote
I ended up signing with a terrific agent who helped me understand the shape of my collection.
- Like Father, Like Son: Nelson DeMille and Son Team Up
Rucci had always been a DeMille fan, along with S&S publisher Jonathan Karp, and when they heard that Nelson was looking for a change, they mentioned to his agents that they were very interested.
- Thomas Taylor Dives into Seaside Intrigue in 'Malamander'
Agent Kirsty McLachlan at London-based DGA Ltd. brokered the book deal, as well as Sony Pictures’ recent acquisition of film rights to Malamander for what the publisher calls a “substantial preempt.”