- Xlibris Backtracks on Agent Referral Plan
The agents in turn would have received a percentage of the fee paid to Xlibris for its services.
- U.K. Agent Rosemary Canter Dies
Rosemary Canter, children’s book agent and co-founder of United Agents, died on March 11.
- Remembering Literary Agent Deborah Rogers
She was funny, clever and an inspirational agent and we will all miss her terribly."
- PW Select: Agenting Gets Untraditional
At a panel at Digital Book World in January called "New Models for Agents," Jim Levine of the Levine Greenberg Agency, said he and his colleagues now consider themselves "multimedia producers" more than agents.
- Touch of Steel: A Novel of the Clockwork Agents
Agent: Irene Goodman, Irene Goodman Agency.
- Online Agent Courts Authors, Editors
“The Authors Guild discourages authors from paying agents an upfront fee for representation, and we would certainly discourage writers from paying e-Literary Agent their upfront fee,” said Paul Aiken, executive director of the Authors Guild.
- The Accidental Agent: A Jimmy Nessheim Novel
Agent: Gillon Aitken, Aitken Alexander Associates.
- Spy Guy: The Not-So-Secret Agent
Illustrator’s agent: Justin Rucker, Shannon Associates.
- The American Agent: A Maisie Dobbs Novel
Agent: Amy Rennert, Amy Rennert Agency.
- Publishers, Agents Scramble to Reschedule Bologna
“If we have to cancel, we can make up the business through our sub-rights agents.
- New Trends in YA: The Agents’ Perspective
\tOther agents are more enthusiastic.
- Literary Agent Fred Hill Dies
West Coast literary agent Frederick “Fred” Hill of the Hill Nadell Literary Agency died Wednesday, February 9, after a brief illness.
- Greek Publishing Spotlight: An Agent's Perspective
She represents Greek and international authors, and also works as a sub-agent for foreign publishers and agencies, looking to place their titles with the best local publisher.
- Film, Book Deal for Movie Agent
Curtis Brown's Ed Wintle is an experienced movie agent, so it's only natural that when he wrote his own book, Breakfast with Tiffany, he should make a movie deal for it even before it had found a publisher, selling an option to produce
- Black Ops: A Presidential Agent Novel
In bestseller Griffin’s gung-ho fifth presidential agent novel (after The Shooters ), the U.S. president assigns Lt.