- Spring 2019 Announcements: All Our Coverage
Here, we speak with a number of diverse debut authors who landed agents through the Twitter pitch contest #DVPit.
- Remembering a Pioneering Policewoman: PW Talks with Edward Conlon
A friend, Bonnie Timmerman, a casting agent and producer, asked me if I knew any great stories about women police officers.
- This Year's London Book Fair Wraps
However, the uncertainty of Brexit has heightened concerns that U.K. publishers could lose some of their European export market, potentially prompting more agents to seek world English rights deals with American publishers.
- The International View: Raising Turkey's Publishing Profile
Invited guests included agents such as Larissa Helena of Pippin Properties in New York, and publishers including Emma Raddatz from Archipelago Books, Gigi Ishmael from the Ishmael Tree, and Dennis Johnson from Melville House.Turkey has long been regarded as a strong market for rights sales, and nea
- What to Expect from Independent Publicists
Authors have heard the same advice from their agents, fellow author friends, and even publishers time and again: if they want readers to know about their books, they should hire independent publicists to supplement publishers’ publicity campaigns.
- Book Deals: Week of March 18, 2019
The deal was brokered on behalf of the author by Rosemary Stimola of Stimola Literary Studio and Jason Dravis of his own agency.INTERNATIONAL DEALS● Agent Madeleine Milburn struck gold for her eponymous agency at the London Book Fair with The Recovery of Rose Gold, a debut from Emerson MFA graduate
- Cambridge to Expand Trade List
He added that though CUP has always published select academic titles with the potential to reach a general readership via bookstores, it is now “actively looking for agented books that will appeal to the general marketplace” and is continuing to “identify some scholarly titles we can add to the trade
- Religion Book Deals: March 13, 2019
The book, which is slated for publication in fall 2020, provides parents with answers intended to “deepen knowledge and understanding” about God, the Bible, and more, according to the agent.
- Trends to Watch for at Bologna 2019
This opens up opportunities for rights agents in the U.S., since, with no one big trend, we can cater our list to fit exactly with what each foreign market is looking for.
- Mary Beth Keane's New Novel Paints a Portrait of the Irish
I can’t help but notice that everyone connected with Mary Beth Keane’s new novel—the author herself, her agent, her editor, and her publisher—has Irish ancestry.
- London Book Fair 2019: A New Regime in Mexico
Book professionals, such as publishers, booksellers, agents, librarians and reading promoters, share the fair with hundreds of writers and thousands of readers.
- London Book Fair 2019: Four Questions for...Richard Charkin
Well, first of all, I'm very limited in what I can publish because my terms are not attractive to literary agents: I will not pay advances.
- Bethany Buck Launches Children's Imprint at Trustbridge
She also worked as a literary agent at Sanford J.
- Brown, Black and White in America: PW Talks with Mira Jacob
I’ve always drawn, and my agent knows this because when I turn in manuscripts, I have drawings in the mix.
- Rights Report: Week of March 4, 2019
David Linker at HarperCollins has acquired in a preempt literary agent John Cusick's debut middle grade novel, Dimension Why: How to Save the Universe Without Really Trying.