- Middle Grade 2019 Growth Spurts
“And then there are instances where, for example, with The Bone Garden by Heather Kassner, it did not come illustrated and there wasn’t any indication in the pitch that the author or the agent had any expectation of it being illustrated,” Geffen recalls.
- A Day of Community, Discussion, and Resistance: The 2019 Kweli Color of Children's Literature Conference
Courageous stories by writers and illustrators of color were honored and celebrated at the CUNY Graduate Center in Manhattan on April 6.
- Q & A with Ann Patchett
Whenever I write a children’s book—actually, every three or four days I write a children’s book—I send it to Robin, which my agent and my publisher find a little confusing.
- Bologna 2019: Licensing Highlights
Tuomas Sorjamaa, licensing and acquisitions manager at Ferly, a Finnish company that develops and represents IP for licensing and publishes books, licensed and otherwise, for which it offers global sub rights, spent most of his time in the agents center discussing publishing opportunities for Angry Bir
- Q & A with Lynn Curlee
The book was now un-agented—it wasn’t until late 2017 that I acquired my current agent, Rick Richter—but Yolanda was interested in seeing the second draft.
- Curbside Splendor Under Fire by Authors, Goes On Publishing Hiatus
That's why it’s so important to have an agent in this situation.”
- The Death of a President: PW Talks with Lawrence Goldstone
In this case, precautions were taken—well-wishers were forced into a single line, and Secret Service agents flanked McKinley.
- This Week's Bestsellers: April 8, 2019
For the 15th installment, The American Agent, which our starred review called “excellent,” Dobbs is working as a volunteer ambulance driver in 1940 London, aiding victims of the Blitz.
- Naples Named Publisher at Hachette Books
"Authors, literary agents, booksellers, librarians, and media will quickly sense the breadth and force of her publishing skills."
- How Writers Can Pay It Forward
When my agent, Stacy Testa, sold my latest novel, The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek, I knew I wanted to find a way to pay it forward.
- Bologna 2019: Photos from the Fair
Holiday House’s Neal Porter peruses his schedule at the Literary Agents Center.
- Scribd Starts Original Content Program
Bryant has consulted for Scribd before and is the former editor-in-chief and co-founder of Byliner.Scribd is reaching out to authors, agents and publishers looking for works that will make a good Originals piece.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, March 31, 2019
The American Agent by Jacqueline Winspear - 9780062436696 - (Harper) 9.
- Bologna 2019: New Ventures, Milestones, and Trends
Curtis Brown agent Ginger Clark was one of many who cited the presence of Netflix at this year’s fair.
- Meet the Publicist: Linda Duggins
Duggins added, “That’s when you have to enlist the team—the editor, marketing, the agent—to stay focused on the author and the book.”Recently, Duggins has been working on lifestyle books, among them cookbooks and diet books, which require different kinds of outreach than fiction or other types