- In Brief: August 5, 2021
This week Alex Richards’s book launch is all smiles; Scott Magoon reads a bedtime story; and Jacqueline Firkins shares a stunning dress inspired by the cover of Pride and Premeditation.Picture PerfectAlex Richards stopped by the Greenlight Bookstore in Brooklyn on July 27 to sign copies and celebr
- Every Child a Reader Renames, Revamps Book Awards
“The 2021 Kids’ Book Choice Awards categories are:Ages 3–8 \tKindergarten to 2nd Grade Book of the Year \tBest Picture Book Duo (author/illustrator team) \tFavorite Series (early reader) \tBest Picture Book
- 'Twenty-One Steps' Celebrates the Centennial of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Family members use an app to read either together or to record a story.
- Korean Comics Gain Popularity in North America
“I can send her covers of books I’ve found in Korea, where the art looks interesting, and she can read them.
- No Time Like the Present
Three Stories Books opened less than four months later.
- Social Media Springboard
“It’s so easy to share in stories, and I love when I see bookstores hyping up other bookstores.
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of August 2, 2021
Hide and Don't Seek: And Other Very Scary Stories by Anica Mrose Rissi, illus. by Carolina Godina.
- Scott Snyder Inks Major Comics Deal with Comixology Originals
All of the Snyder titles will available in digital format first via Comixology and the Amazon Kindle Store as well as through Amazon Prime and via Amazon’s subscription services Kindle Unlimited and Comixology Unlimited.Comixology head of content Chip Mosher described the deal as “massive in scope and creative rang
- In Conversation: Kwame Mbalia and Lamar Giles
First of all, because it’s a gorgeous cover.
- Printing in Hong Kong and China 2021: All Our Coverage
Click through to read their stories, or browse the special report in our Scribd reader below.
- Brick City Blues: PW Talks with James Queally
., to cover the unrest that followed the decision not to prosecute the police officer who killed Michael Brown.
- AAPI Voices Lead
In our diasporic work, we have an imprint focused on Korean works in translation, like our most recent publication, Kim Bo-Young’s On the Origin of Species and Other Stories, a mix of science fiction and fantasy stories from one of South Korea’s leading sci-fi writers.
- Q & A with L.M. Elliott
Her newest novel, Walls, covers the 12 months leading to the building of the Berlin Wall.
- La Borinqueña: A Puerto Rican Superhero for Our Time
They were, so he made up a cover and unveiled it at their press conference.
- Fall 2021 Children's Announcements: Publishers R-Z
Inspired by Our Town, this contemporary story explores the effects of opioids on a small town.