- Children's and YA LGBTQ Books: Spring 2021
Ages 4–8.Peter and Parsons follow a loving and diverse family, featuring an interracial gay couple and an adopted nongendered young protagonist, as they explore the different worlds that reading stories transports them to.Born Ready: The True Story of a Boy Named PenelopeJodie Patterson, illus.
- Four Questions for Erika Moen and Matthew Nolan
Moen: We were very purposeful that every chapter starts with a fictional story about a teen who encounters a new situation they don’t know how to manage.
- Indie Spotlight: April 2021
There, I realized that some of the best content came after and between presentations, informally—when people told stories.
- James Ellroy Gets to the Scene of the Crime
Confidential; the Underworld U.S.A. trilogy, which starts with American Tabloid and covers the assassinations of John F.
- Meet the Good Guys: Close-up on Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips
Or sometimes an image or a cover painting might inspire me to think of a new scene for a character.
- Four Questions for Joanna Cotler
When I was primarily an editor, my head was always filled with others’ stories.
- In Conversation: Cynthia Levinson and Evan Turk
King on Time magazine’s cover in 1965, which you evoke perfectly in the book.
- Compassion, Determination, and Justice: The 2021 Kweli Color of Children's Literature Conference
Even then, she felt there was interest in her story, but no support or expertise.
- Cover Reveal: 'Out of My Heart'
Lucy Arnold is the firefly artist for the cover image, and Paul Draine is the photographer.
- U.S. Book Show Gears Up
Book Show will do what PW does best: build buzz around books, and connect the community in one—this time virtual—place.”Editor’s Picks Panels: A SamplingThe Editors’ Picks panels feature editors discussing their forthcoming titles and the stories behind the stories.
- Four Questions for Paula Yoo
Yoo’s nonfiction narrative is extensive, being the first and only account to cover Chin’s case in its entirety.
- From the Sidelines to the Spotlight: LGBTQ Books 2021
The stories cover a range of genres, including light fantasy, romance, and late coming out.Fantasy author Nghi Vo earned acclaim, including two starred PW reviews, for the 2020 novellas The Empress of Salt and Fortune and When the Tiger Came Down the Mountain, both set in a rea
- Tattered Cover to Open Children's Bookstore in Denver Suburb
A large mural created by a local artist will be the centerpiece of the store, and architectural elements will evoke the experience of getting lost in a story.
- Cover Reveal: 'Perfectly Pegasus' by Jessie Sima
When a story is meaningful to people, it’s important to me that I not betray the heart of it.
- Simon & Schuster Acquires Mike Pence's Autobiography
The book, S&S said, will tell "the story of Pence’s faith and public service, covering his trajectory from Columbus, Ind., to his time as the second-highest ranking official in the Trump administration."