- Remembering a Year to Forget
We had packages everywhere, covering every surface and overflowing out of every box.
- Lerner Publishing Partners with Read Woke to Launch Book Series
“I hope these books will encourage them to share their own stories.”With six additional titles scheduled for spring 2022 and six more for fall 2022, Lewis hints at what future topics will be tackled in forthcoming Issues in Action titles.
- Q & A with Aisha Saeed
Shortly before I read The Interpreter of Maladies, I had discovered Shabanu: Daughter of the Wind by Suzanne Fisher Staples and saw for the first time anyone like me—a South Asian—on a cover of a book.
- Licensing Hotline: March 2021
“There’s a real retail story to tell,” Segal said.
- Twisted Sisterhoods: Mysteries & Thrillers 2021
“She’s this famous white woman who’s paid millions and is on the cover of magazines.”
- Obituary: Marianne Carus
I imagined that the cricket was telling a story that would never end.”
- Diversity in Romance Books Still Lags
Black Stories Matter, Black Lives Matter.”
- Books for Budding Activists: Spring 2021
The True Story of How Women Joined the FDNYJessica M.
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of March 8, 2021
It’s Kind of a Cheesy Love Story by Lauren Morrill.
- New Books Offer Reflection, Fresh Perspectives on Lent, Easter
“The Easter story is exactly the hope we all need coming out of the global pandemic.
- Book Deals: Week of March 1, 2021
The agent added that book is a “laugh-out-loud, emotionally charged story of one woman’s unexpected path to authenticity.”
- Everything Old Is New Again: Backlist Backbones 2021
Artist Matthew Benedict was commissioned to do cover art that ties the installments together.
- Her Stories: Backlist Backbones 2021
Norton is updating the most recent cover, which “looks very 1995,” and will post excerpts from the book on its Instagram account.In the realm of popular fiction, Atria is giving Jennifer Weiner’s debut novel, Good in Bed, a new q& and reading group guide for its 20th anniversary,
- Fresh-Faced: Backlist Backbones 2021
Each book received a new cover and updated interior design, with some of the more dated stories swapped out for new ones: 20 for the preteen book and 25 for the teen title.Other publishers treating older children’s books to makeovers include Random House, which in March will release a
- 'Eyes That Kiss in the Corners': A Bestseller with an Empowering Focus
And the cover!