- Full Circle: Back to the Bakery with Arnie the Doughnut
Arnie sent me a facemask made of dough, covered with frosting and sprinkles!
- Book Deals: Week of September 28, 2020
The Nullvoid Chronicles, Tor said, is “a retelling of Joan of Arc’s story with a space opera, giant robot twist” and is about “the nature of truth, the power of belief, and the interplay of both in the stories we tell ourselves.”
- New and Noteworthy Kids' and YA Books: September 2020
Each present the story of their lives, spanning three generations, from a cotton field in 1927 until the end of the presidential election of 1968.
- Licensing Hotline: September 2020
The books feature cover art by Joe Simko and interior illustrations by Jeff Zapata, both key artists for the brand, and each is packaged with four exclusive collectible sticker cards, including one featuring a familiar-looking character named R.L.
- Authors' Quarantine Stories: Lisa Graff
Books snuggled up in bed under the covers, when there was little energy for anything else.
- Cover Reveal: 'Nicky & Vera: A Quiet Hero of the Holocaust and the Children He Rescued' by Peter Sís
In a PW exclusive, the cover of Sís’s new book, due out next January from Norton Young Readers, is revealed here for the first time.Nicky & Vera alternates between the story of Nicholas Winton and the story of Vera Gissing, one of the children Winton rescued.
- Cover Reveal: 'Free to Be Elephant Me'
That’s what I was aiming for with this cover.
- God’s Polity: What it Means to be a ‘Nation’
And all three authors approach the ancient text as if tells the stories we live now.
- Remembering Tomie dePaola
So many stories,” she said.
- A Lesson in Hope: Children's Authors Who Are Teachers During Covid-19
They need stories to talk about, to write about, and to question.
- Cover Reveal: Krosoczka Launches Graphic Memoir and Web Series
“The family members who are bereaved have been moved by this story.
- Cover Redesign: 'Letters in a Trunk: A WWII Love Story' by indie author Daniel R. Mazza
This month, Michelle Argyle at Melissa Williams Design reimagines the cover of Letters in a Trunk: A WWII Love Story by indie author Daniel R.
- Jordan Ifueko Embarks on a Virtual Tour
Short N Sweet Bakery in Los Angeles surprised Ifueko with a Raybearer-themed cake, modeling the design after the book’s U.K. cover.
- In Conversation: Andrea Davis Pinkney and Brian Pinkney
Andrea: What you’ve done with that cover is extraordinary.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: August 2020
Austin Macauley Publishers. $26.95 hardcover (222p), ISBN 978-1-78693-249-5; $13.95 paper, ISBN 978-1-78693-250-1Amazon, BN.comThe book covers the life of the main character, Tony Stephens, for one year.