- Black Lives Matter: Crucial Discussions in the Classroom
Often I would pair books, such as Ghost Boys by Jewell Parker Rhodes and Getting Away with Murder: The True Story of the Emmett Till Case by Chris Crow.Helpful resources: Teaching Tolerance has resources that address all kinds of issues related to equity and diversity.
- In Conversation: J.Elle and Denene Millner
We asked J.Elle and Millner to interview each other about the forthcoming book, whose cover is revealed here for the first time, and the joy of celebrating Black girl magic.
- Big Ideas and Fresh Looks: Backlist Backbones 2020
Do they commit to the original cover and aesthetics, in a bet on its recognizability?
- The Book of V.E. Schwab's Heart
I’ve lived with this story in my head for a decade.
- So Much More Than Ghostwriting: Spotlight on Kevin Anderson & Associates
As KAA continues to evolve, Gustafson looks forward to meeting the needs of more writers who are eager to tell their stories and more agents and publishers who want to hear them.
- History Lessons: Backlist Backbones 2020
McFadden’s Sugar (Plume), about characters in a Black community in Arkansas, which received a new cover to mark its 20th anniversary in June, and the August paperback release of Margaret Wilkerson Sexton’s 2019 novel, The Revisioners (Counterpoint), which PW’s starred review called an “excellen
- Middle Ground Book Fest: A Panel on the Post-2020 Middle Grade Landscape
The panel concluded with brief discussions on middle grade cover art, the middle grade-YA crossover market, and advice for aspiring middle grade authors.
- The King of Jazz and Pop: Ricky Riccardi on Louis Armstrong
I think his story is so gripping.
- Chicago Brewery Crafts Beer for Hat & Beard Fall Release
Once we settled in on the Day of the Dead-inspired cover, a nod to Malcolm Lowry's famous novel Under the Volcano, Grzeca had the vision for the beer.
- Q & A with Kim Johnson
I wanted to honor Black women because that really is their story.
- The World of Malcolm X: PW Talks with Tamara Payne
Also the story of Malcolm building the Hartford chapter of the Nation of Islam.
- Book Deals: Week of July 27, 2020
The memoir will, S&S said, delve into the author’s “front row seat covering tech.”
- Indie Success: Word by Word
In the introduction, Kloumann writes that she envisioned a coven when imagining the cover of the book.
- OK Boomer, Let's Read: PW Talks with Jill Filipovic
I write about politics and I am a millennial, and I still found a lot that was new to me.This book covers a wide-ranging topic requiring comprehensive coverage of a number of subjects, many of which—like the state of health and technology—seem to change by the day.
- A Guidebook Editor’s Dilemma
My writers and photographers are working more creatively than ever on their books, finding deeper meanings in people’s stories and portraying even richer experiences.