- In Brief: May 14, 2020
(Chronicle) by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld to her son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor in support of actors Jennifer Garner and Amy Adams’s Save with Stories initiative.
- Q & A with Andrew Eliopulos
I was in BookPeople when I got the cover sketch and burst into tears.
- Rights Report: Week of May 11, 2020
Featuring graphic collage that pays homage to 1970s black woman-centered ephemera, the book will cover topics including identity, sex and dating, mental health, and navigating the workplace.
- Wisconsin Bookseller Hosts Festival to Support Indies and Musicians
This story has been updated.
- Lookout Books Partners With Indies to Provide Virtual Backgrounds
.); McNally Jackson (New York City); Tattered Cover (Denver); Vroman’s (Pasadena, Calif.); and White Whale Bookstore (Pittsburgh).
- Booksellers Face Difficult Decisions When Reopening Stores
She is also a bookseller herself, having opened Story & Song on Amelia Island, Fla., in 2018.
- The Power of Perception: Spotlight on John Perkins
“Twenty years ago that volcano was covered with a big glacier.
- 2020 Political Books for Children
“There’s been such an uptick in posts that look like legitimate news, stories designed to sway opinion and stir emotions.
- Duty of Care: PW Talks with Chris Hamby
At the nonprofit Center for Public Integrity, I was on a team covering stories about the environment, labor, and public health.
- PW, Independent Publishers Launch #ReadIndie Campaign
Seven Stories Press publisher and founder Dan Simon, cofounder of the Independent Publishers Caucus, said independent publishers are even more important in a time of crisis.
- YALLSTAYHOME Festival in Photos
We’re gathered a selection of highlights from the events.During the “Create Your Own Romance Story” event on Fierce Friday, hosted by Macmillan’s Brittany Pearlman (clockwise from top l.), authors Adalyn Grace (All the Stars and Teeth), Maurene Goo (Somewhere Only We Know), and Tric
- Cover Reveal: New Fairy Tale-Forward Series from Melissa de la Cruz
It’s always hard to let go of a cover you’ve fallen for, but we couldn’t be happier with this final version, so bold and iconic—a truly ‘fairytale’ ending to our cover journey.”
- Humane Resources: Business Books 2020
The economic change spurred by the arrival of Covid-19 has been vertiginous and unprecedented.
- Children’s Books in China 2020: More Original Children’s Titles
Witty explanations, wry humor, and whimsical plots are thrown into the mix to make the pages and stories come alive.The goal?
- Elena Ferrante’s Publishers Discuss Her New Novel
The fervor for the unknown author—Elena Ferrante is a pseudonym—is a story in itself.