- PW, Independent Publishers Launch #ReadIndie Campaign
Seven Stories Press publisher and founder Dan Simon, cofounder of the Independent Publishers Caucus, said independent publishers are even more important in a time of crisis.
- YALLSTAYHOME Festival in Photos
We’re gathered a selection of highlights from the events.During the “Create Your Own Romance Story” event on Fierce Friday, hosted by Macmillan’s Brittany Pearlman (clockwise from top l.), authors Adalyn Grace (All the Stars and Teeth), Maurene Goo (Somewhere Only We Know), and Tric
- Cover Reveal: New Fairy Tale-Forward Series from Melissa de la Cruz
It’s always hard to let go of a cover you’ve fallen for, but we couldn’t be happier with this final version, so bold and iconic—a truly ‘fairytale’ ending to our cover journey.”
- Humane Resources: Business Books 2020
The economic change spurred by the arrival of Covid-19 has been vertiginous and unprecedented.
- Children’s Books in China 2020: More Original Children’s Titles
Witty explanations, wry humor, and whimsical plots are thrown into the mix to make the pages and stories come alive.The goal?
- Elena Ferrante’s Publishers Discuss Her New Novel
The fervor for the unknown author—Elena Ferrante is a pseudonym—is a story in itself.
- Children’s Books in China 2020: Acre Junior Library
“Each Chinese character has a story of its own, with some evolving from scratches on oracle bones thousands of years ago, to those that combine meaning with sound, and others that were created in recent memory,” says Song, whose team had already made more than 1,000 video clips by t
- Children's Books in China - 2020
This warm story is aimed at raising awareness of animal and environmental protection.
- Los Angeles Times Book Prizes Revealed on Twitter
The awards covered 12 different categories, and each winner shared a video speech that was posted on YouTube."
- Independent Bookstore Day to Host Virtual Party Next Week
\tOnline events via Zoom or Instagram \tCan a local author volunteer to read or do story hour through a Zoom?
- Perseverance, Advocacy, and Passion: The 2020 Kweli Color of Children's Literature Conference
Write those stories.
- Eye on Middle Grade: Spring 2020
Here we shine a light on the solidly performing middle grade category, focusing on some of the new territory covered in publishers’ spring 2020 offerings.
- BISG Examines Publishing Supply Chain After Covid-19
The results of the survey of 241 respondents covered every aspect of the supply chain from publishing and retail to libraries and manufacturing.
- Licensing Hotline: April 2020
Basketball, which covers topics such as the geometry behind the perfect shot, was released in February and has a foreword by the late Kobe Bryant.
- Academic Publishing in China - 2017
The first volume covers the period from 1923 to 1976; the second continues the story from 1977 to 2015. (440 p.)