- A World of Wonder: Close-up on Amal Karzai
Karzai’s story was the Gold Medal Winner of the 2020 Key Colors Illustrators Competition.
- Indie Spotlight: October 2021
Author statement: “This novel was always where the story arc of the protagonist, Noosh, was headed.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: End of October 2021
Love & Loss in the Time of Covid: A Story for Our TimePhil Dourado.
- Maud Newton Confronts Her Past
She uses her talent to cover the waterfront.”Barer also had Walker’s “list.”
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of October 25, 2021
Back matter features an author’s note describing her personal inspiration, photographs, cover sketches, and the artistic process.
- Obituary: Jerry Pinkney
It was also the first time that he used live models who could get involved with the story instead of relying on posed photos of his own family.
- Cover Reveal: 'Creepy Crayon!'
, whose cover is pictured here for the first time.In the trilogy, Reynolds combines spine-tickling and spine-tingling elements, a mix he appreciated as a young reader.
- DiCamillo, Blackall, and Patchett Discuss Life, Courage, and 'The Beatryce Prophecy'
After being found, covered in blood and dirt, in a monastery barn, Beatryce and her protector, a goat named Answelica, are sent by the monks out into the world to evade the realm’s evil king.
- V.E. Schwab’s New Graphic Novel Returns to her Villains Series
Each issue of the comic gets to have two to four covers, and those covers can be illustrated by different artists.
- Moving On Up: 'Beasts of Prey'
Barney also admired what she called the full-bodied characters in the story.
- Translators Fight for Credit on Their Own Book Covers
When FSG shared on its Instagram the cover of the forthcoming short story collection The Trouble with Happiness by Tove Ditlevsen, translated by Michael Favala Goldman, some commenters noted that Goldman’s name was missing from the cover.
- Mountains & Plains Booksellers Celebrate Community, Books, Authors
Set in Los Angeles, the story features three Latinx teenagers “who are going to save the world.”
- Q & A with Lilliam Rivera
I’ve seen the cover, and it’s so cute.
- Q & A with Chuck Wendig
I had a story to tell in that space.
- HarperCollins Introduces Middle Graders to 'Dungeons and Dragons'
“I bought Dungeons and Dragons as a kid and I actually never played it, but I read the books that are in it and loved the covers and the box art.”