- The On-Sale Calendar: April 2022
Cover Story by Susan Rigetti (William Morrow, $27.99; ISBN 9780063072053). 50,000 copies.
- Mysteries and Thrillers 2021: When Crime Goes to the Country
“When the story can only happen in this controlled environment, with a limited cast,” Osman adds, “the author has to come up with ways to make the story limitless.”In such stories, the lonely-outpost setting can become a character unto itself.
- Book Deals: Week of October 11, 2021
., Canada, and Germany—tells the story of “a young woman’s self-actualization through a strange physical metamorphosis,” from the perspectives of three people who know her at different stages of her life.
- In Focus: Immigration in Book Publishing
Growing up, there were hardly any children’s books about being Asian American; I’m working on filling that void and acquiring books that cover the full breadth of the Asian American experience.Ramos-Peterson: As a comics and graphic novel publisher whose model is entirely creator owned, we work
- True Crime 2021: What Makes Them Tick?
“Since a lot of the cases I wanted to cover were so haunting, so unforgettable, I was able to jot down those pretty quickly,” Burgess says of writing the book.
- Mountains & Plains Booksellers Celebrate In-Person Show, Return to Denver
This story has been updated as more information became available.
- Follett Addresses New Directions and Challenges at Annual Summit
(PW will cover these sessions in future articles.)
- Rights Report: Week of October 4, 2021
The HarperCollins editions will have refreshed covers for these classic titles.
- Finalists for 2021 NBA in Young People's Literature Announced
As the two travel, visiting national landmarks that connect them to the ghosts of their ancestors, a tender love story unfolds, one that debut author McBride skillfully renders while covering serious topics such as grief and mental health, including suicidal ideation.”
- Monsters, Myths, Magic, and Mad Science: PW Talks with Rex Ogle
It adds a whole other level that engages readers and pulls them deeper into the story.Talk about finding a balance between the fun story elements and more serious topics like divorce and confronting major life changes in childhood.I think the best stories cover the spectrum between adventure
- 2021 NBA Finalists Announced
Cho (Feminist Press) \tCovered with Night: A Story of Murder and Indigenous Justice in Early America by Nicole Eustace (Liveright) \tAll That She Carried: The Journey of Ashley’s Sack, a Black Family Keepsake by Tiya Miles, (Random House)<
- Holiday Gift Guide 2021: Illustrated Books and Sidelines
The editors take care to select racially inclusive images, and though there are glances beyond a Western perspective—Jawaharlal Nehru is deemed an icon for his namesake jacket—the focus remains on North America and Europe, which “reflects the regrettable manner in which those stories have been prioritized over
- Holiday Gift Guide 2021: Comics
Together, reader and protagonist move from story to story, assembling clues for an escape.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2021: Nonfiction
That’s all a story is, really: a continual system of escalation.”
- In Defense of Mean Girls in YA Literature
The kind of girl whose monster-like behavior covers up her insecurities and her secrets.