- Q & A with Tammi Sauer
Once I got serious, I researched, practiced, and worked on writing stories for kids.
- Licensing Hotline: June 2021
Because the licensing program does not include visuals such as book covers, JLKBrand is working with Handler to develop some artwork for licensing.
- New Kids' and YA Books: Week of June 28, 2021
Here we round up new and forthcoming children’s titles including a first day of school story, a picture book biography of Dr.
- Author Peter Heller's Natural Thinking
Three years later came Celine, the story of a private investigator (based on Heller’s mother) who hunts for a missing man in Yellowstone National Park.
- Fall 2021 Announcements: Science
Algonquin, Sept. 21 ($26.95, ISBN 978-1-61620-893-6)Schutt takes readers on a tour—across the globe and through history—to understand one of humans’ most vital organs.The Sleeping Beauties: And Other Stories of Mystery IllnessSuzanne O’Sullivan.
- Fall 2021 Announcements: Essays & Literary Criticism
Musician Ribot debuts with a collection of essays (and some stories) about music and life on the road.AmistadYou Don’t Know Us Negroes and Other Essays by Zora Neale Hurston (Jan. 11, $28.99, ISBN 978-0-06-304385-5).
- Fall 2021 Announcements: History
Starred by PW, this “spellbinding story of resistance and survival during WWII... isn’t to be missed.”HaymarketTo Govern the Globe: World Orders and Catastrophic Change by Alfred W.
- Fall 2021 Announcements: Mysteries & Thrillers
TV reporter Lily Atwood has achieved fame and fortune, thanks largely to an anonymous source who feeds her story tips.
- Fall 2021 Announcements: Art, Architecture & Photography
Phaidon, Oct. ($89.95, ISBN 978-1-83866-306-3)Architecture and design writer Bradbury showcases more than 400 residential interiors from more than 50 countries, covering 80 years of interior design.Authority and Freedom: A Defense of the ArtsJed Perl.
- ABA Brings Back #BoxedOut Marketing Campaign
In addition, the ABA, as well as the AAP, were cheered by the appointment of Lina Khan—a critic of the power held by high tech companies—as chair of the Federal Trade Commission.This story has been updated.
- Love Is a Journey Without End: Close-up on R.J. Palacio
It involved a boy in the old West whose face was half-covered in blood.
- ALA 2021: Barack Obama, Expansive Professional Program Highlight 2021 ALA Annual Conference
In November of 2021, Jones will publish The 1619 Project: A New Origin Story (Penguin Random House) and Born on the Water (Penguin Random House) a lyrical picture book, also from the 1619 Project.
- Indie Community: Reading Books by Their Covers
It serves to capture potential readers’ attention and tells them something important about the story or content inside.
- Frankfurt Plans Live, In-Person Trade Fair in October
This story has been updated with information about plans by American publishers to attend the fair.
- Global CEOs Discuss Silver Linings, Consequences of the Pandemic
“Online sales have been growing, but not far enough and deep enough to cover demand.”Chantal Restivo-Alessi, CEO, international foreign language and chief digital officer at HarperCollins, recounted the domino effect of helping people transition into remote work after seeing offices close around the world