- The 10 Best Short Story Collections You've Never Read
Similarly, I’ve found that a great short story collection can cover as much, if not more, ground than an epic doorstopper, one brief vignette or character at a time.
- BEA 2015: Children's Breakfast Speakers Say That Life Is a Story
“I try to tell stories I think I’d like to hear,” he said, quoting Maurice Sendak and C.S.
- PW Select July 2012: Rachel Abbot: My Bestselling Story
I wrote it because the story had been in my head for years, and it was bursting to get out.
- Spring 2001 Book List - Hardcover General Fiction &Short Stories
BEIL The Dry Well (Mar., $24.95) by Marlin Barton contains 12 stories covering five generations of a Southern family from the Civil War to the present.BETHANY HOUSE Dana's Valley (Apr., $15.99) by Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan.
- Spring 2004 Trade Paperbacks: Fiction/General & Short Stories
ANCHORThe Whole Story: And Other Stories (Mar., $13) by Ali Smith celebrates chance and coincidence.
- Children's Books in China 2018: The Continuing Story of the Children’s Book Market in China
But overall, the Chinese book market is very receptive to all sorts of stories, styles, and genres.
- Fall 2007 Trade Paperbacks: Fiction/General & Short Stories
., $16.95) by Sarah Klassen covers characters who long for significance and meaning in their lives.
- Volcano Stories: A PW Web-Exclusive Profile of Yrsa Sigurdardottir
There is much terrain to cover; she’s been translated into nearly 30 languages.
- Spring 2003 Hardcovers: Contemporary Affairs - General Fiction & Short Stories
DOUBLEDAYPower Failure: The Inside Story of How Enron's Culture of Arrogance and Greed Led to the Biggest Bankruptcy in American History (Mar., $26) by Mimi Swartz with Sherron Watkins.
- Fall 2002 Hardcovers: General Fiction & Short Stories to Health, Fitness & Beauty
BASIC/CIVITAS Mending the World: Stories of Family by Contemporary Black Writers (Feb., $25), edited by Rosemarie Robotham.
- Fall 2013 Announcements: Science - Minds & Particles: A Detective Story
\tMedical journalist Sandra Hempel presents a more tangible detective story in The Inheritor’s Powder: A Tale of Arsenic, Murder, and the New Forensic Science.
- First Fiction Spring 2015: Viet Thanh Nguyen: A Subversive Debut Adds a New Facet to an Old Story
“I grew up in this Vietnamese ethnic enclave, where I was surrounded by stories of what these people went through during the war,” Nguyen says.
- Ware's 'Building Stories' Tops PW Comics World's 2012 Graphic Novel Critics' Poll
\tSuperheroes may be ruling the silver screen, but everyone is now realizing that comics cover far grander territory.
- Giving an Old Book New Life: Netflix Film Spurs Sales of Jimmy Hoffa Story
After reading Brandt’s novel The Right to Remain Silent, Sheeran reached out to the author and attorney to help him secure medical parole for severe spinal stenosis—and to tell his side of the Jimmy Hoffa story.
- Fall 1999 Flying Starts: Kristen Balouch: Music and Computers Help Tell a Story
At home I cover the walls with sketches."