- Kristin Hannah's Next Heroine Is Just Like You
The question was, who did she want to tell the story?
- Children's Publishers Choose Their Favorite Reads of 2020
The book was powerful and beautifully written, with memorable characters and a gorgeous cover.
- New Kids' and YA Books: Weeks of December 28, 2020 and January 4, 2021
Here we round up new and forthcoming children’s titles including a story about a boy and his clothes, a picture book about the perfect pet, a wintry middle grade novel, a book about birds, and more.
- Fall 2020 Flying Starts: Aiden Thomas
Macmillan’s commitment to calling on diverse voices and talents during the publishing process, from soliciting POC and trans cover artists (including final cover artist Mars Lauderbaugh) to hiring Latinx trans nonbinary narrator Avi Roque for the audiobook sets a powerful example.Following his critically
- PW’s Person of the Year: The Book Business Worker
At 8 p.m. on March 22, the capital of the American book publishing business all but shut down.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: December 2020
Tori is determined to unearth the whole story for him.
- Cover Redesign: 'Reasonable Doubt' by Steve Vogel
To submit a book for a free cover redesign, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Design Note #1: Showing a typical American street gives an ironic sense of the shocking story being told.Design Note #2: Adding the word “true” to the subtitle helps the viewer understand that this
- Four Questions for Melissa Albert
With the novel covers, I shared object lists and, for chapter headers, I would give ideas of objects that I felt were crucial to certain sections.
- Licensing Hotline: December 2020
The character is featured on the covers of several titles, including juvenile formats such as Disney Lucasfilm Press’ Allies & Enemies Level Two Reader and A Clan of Two 8x8.
- Cover Reveal: 'Keeping the City Going' by Brian Floca
In a year of extraordinary hardship, children’s authors and illustrators have continued to do what they do best: to engage and entertain young readers and their families through stories.
- A Wave Blue World Debuts New Model for Publishing Comics
While their comics span a number of genres, Tyler said, the company’s focus is on “stories about the world, who we are and how we relate as people on this planet.”
- The Virtual Author School Visit Evolves
And she has offered individual coaching and consulting services to fellow authors along the way.Messner’s in-depth Reinventing Author Visits workshop costs $99 and features four 75-minute sessions that offer information and examples covering everything from program formats, tech platforms, making curriculum connec
- Lifting Spirits: Religion Books Preview 2021
Martin’s Essentials, May), author and scholar Jon Sweeney shows how the Trappist monk’s teachings and books, such as The Seven Story Mountain, still resonate.
- Ibram X. Kendi, Ethan Hawke Among ALA Midwinter Meeting Speakers
Billed as a “blistering story of a young man making his Broadway debut just as his marriage implodes,” it is his first novel in 20 years.
- Black Booksellers Denounce Tattered Cover Announcement
I see zero discussion of the horrific statements that came out of Tattered Cover over the past year.