- Conan Doyle Estate Appeals Copyright Case to Supreme Court
The basic cut-off date for the public domain in the U.S. is generally considered to be 1923.Writing for a three-judge panel of the Seventh Circuit, Judge Richard Posner wrote that the court could not find "any basis in statute or case law for extending a copyright beyond its expiration,
- Nonfiction Notes
Intentionally Destroyed Iraq's Water System" and "Bush Appoints Former Criminals to Key Government Roles," the collection covers important news stories that were censored for various reasons.
- Rick Riordan Makes His 'Mark'
I was just writing stories for my own sons.”
- Readers Select 'The One'
She knows this time around she’s also going to get asked repeatedly if America’s story is really done.
- In Conversation: Ibi Zoboi and Yusef Salaam
You knew what you wanted that cover to look like.
- Francesca Marciano's Italy Is a Wild Kingdom
She covers wide geographic and emotional territory”.Marciano says that with Animal Spirit she’s back to life’s priorities.
- Elena Ferrante’s Publishers Discuss Her New Novel
The fervor for the unknown author—Elena Ferrante is a pseudonym—is a story in itself.
- How To Succeed at Self-Publishing
She decided that the key to a book’s success must happen before the book is published—a combination of writing, story line, cover design, blurb, and price.
- Bloomsbury Goes Global with Marketing Plans
\tCorrection: An earlier version of this story indicated that 'The Bone Season' has one global cover jacket.
- Miller's Double Noir: 'Sin City' and 'Batman Begins'
DC also plans to repackage existing titles that highlight the movie's main villains, the Scarecrow and R'as al Ghul, and will also release an art book, Batman Cover to Cover: The Greatest Comic Book Covers of the Dark Knight, with commentary by the artists.
- On The Road with Helen Simpson
With stories it’s quite interesting.
- The Mainstreaming of Haruhi Suzumiya
The paperback version, priced at $8.99, features a colorful step-back cover with no manga imagery.
- One Book, Two Editions: Random U.K. Releases Adult Edition of 'Wonder'
“Transworld's brilliant creative director, Claire Ward, designed the cover,” he says.
- PW Children's Bookshelf
Children’s Bookshelf covers all the big books of the season, informing the larger community.”
- BookExpo and BookCon 2018: Authors Explore the Multiplicities of Diversity
Rafael explained that, now that more LatinX writers are getting published, and book covers are showing more LatinX faces, it’s incumbent upon LatinX authors to “show the world how complex we are” by writing books that go “beyond stories about tortillas.”