- BookExpo 2020: Adult Book and Author Dinner Goes Digital
They ran into challenges assembling it, she said: “How do you fit the literature of 527 federally recognized tribes, and there are others beyond that, into 350 pages,” and still manage to cover all of the mainland U.S. to Alaska, Hawai’i, and some of the Pacific islands?
- Religion and Spirituality Books Preview: June 2020
Christy Award–winner Austin tells the story of two women from different social classes surviving WWII in London who grow close after they both become ambulance drivers.
- Four New Graphic Novels Bring the Buzz
I can see how the plausible deniability of the expression of my particular queerness under the cover of veiled language can afford me some conditional safety in potentially hostile spaces.
- New Titles from Self-Publishers: May 2020
. $12.99 paper (352p), ISBN 978-0-578-59150-6AmazonIn this story of otherworldly love, the spirit of an American bombardier haunts a Japanese war widow in the months before America drops its atomic bomb on Hiroshima.IssuesSharon St.
- BookExpo 2020: The Stories Behind Six Buzz Books
She talked so elegantly about family trauma and the power of writing and the stories we tell ourselves to heal, I couldn’t wait to read the manuscript.
- Cover Reveal: 'Before the Ever After' by Jacqueline Woodson
Paulsen elaborated on the cover image.
- In Brief: May 14, 2020
(Chronicle) by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld to her son Archie Mountbatten-Windsor in support of actors Jennifer Garner and Amy Adams’s Save with Stories initiative.
- Q & A with Andrew Eliopulos
I was in BookPeople when I got the cover sketch and burst into tears.
- Rights Report: Week of May 11, 2020
Featuring graphic collage that pays homage to 1970s black woman-centered ephemera, the book will cover topics including identity, sex and dating, mental health, and navigating the workplace.
- Wisconsin Bookseller Hosts Festival to Support Indies and Musicians
This story has been updated.
- Lookout Books Partners With Indies to Provide Virtual Backgrounds
.); McNally Jackson (New York City); Tattered Cover (Denver); Vroman’s (Pasadena, Calif.); and White Whale Bookstore (Pittsburgh).
- Booksellers Face Difficult Decisions When Reopening Stores
She is also a bookseller herself, having opened Story & Song on Amelia Island, Fla., in 2018.
- The Power of Perception: Spotlight on John Perkins
“Twenty years ago that volcano was covered with a big glacier.
- 2020 Political Books for Children
“There’s been such an uptick in posts that look like legitimate news, stories designed to sway opinion and stir emotions.
- Duty of Care: PW Talks with Chris Hamby
At the nonprofit Center for Public Integrity, I was on a team covering stories about the environment, labor, and public health.