- Cover Reveal: 'Free to Be Elephant Me'
That’s what I was aiming for with this cover.
- Cover Reveal: 'Pax, Journey Home'
The first cover was just amazing.
- Cover Reveal: 'Presto and Zesto in Limboland'
” Creating the story was one thing, but publishing it was going to take time—more time than the two friends felt they had.
- Cover Reveal: 'Out of My Heart'
Lucy Arnold is the firefly artist for the cover image, and Paul Draine is the photographer.
- Cover Reveal: 'How to Read a Book'
She brought a vision to the story that very few illustrators could bring.
- Cover Reveal: 'Milo Imagines the World'
In a PW exclusive, the cover is revealed here for the first time.
- Cover Redesign: 'Ideal High' by Valerie Ipson
The doodles bring a personal touch to the cover—something lacking in the original design.Design Note #3: Though the original cover hints that this is a young adult story, it feels somewhat reserved.
- Cover Redesign: 'The Memory Tree' by John A. Heldt
To submit a book for a free cover redesign, email us at email@example.com.Design Note 1: Using watercolor art helps bring a more rustic, personal feel to the cover.Design Note 2: I created an aged, inked look on the title, which helps establish that this story tak
- Book Cover Redesign: 'Mr. Nachron’s List'
Nachron’s List by Mike Corbett, who praised the new cover and thanked Argyle for “stimulating the part of us that connects eye to brain.”Design Note #1: Showcasing the image of the man in the boat reveals the book’s main character and its focus.Design Note #2: Choosing a font that
- Cover Redesign: 'Reasonable Doubt' by Steve Vogel
To submit a book for a free cover redesign, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Design Note #1: Showing a typical American street gives an ironic sense of the shocking story being told.Design Note #2: Adding the word “true” to the subtitle helps the viewer understand that this
- Cover Redesign: 'Hot Flush' by Rosy Fenwicke
It also lets us add more details about the main character.Design Note 2: The main character has some superpowers in this book related to estrogen, so I added the chemical makeup of estrogen in the sky to give a hint at this science-related story element.Design Note 3: An illustrated
- Book Cover Redesign: 'Don't Tell Anyone'
This month, Michele Argyle at Melissa Williams Design reimagines the cover of Don’t Tell Anyone by Laurie Boris, who said the new cover “works on so many levels.”Design Note #1: Adding two subtitles gives readers a clearer sense of what they can expect from this family secrets mystery
- Cover Redesign: 'Chance or Circumstance?' by James R. Mapp
To submit a book for a free cover redesign, email us at email@example.com.Design Note 1: The compass is important to the story’s plot and theme, so adding it front and center helps pull everything together.Design Note 2: Since the subtitle is very important to selling the
- 'Steam Train, Dream Train': The Evolution of a Cover
“In the cover, I try to get across the essence of the story as much as I can, and find an element from the story that will intrigue viewers and provoke them to want to know more about the story and look into the book – something that is mysterious, cute, o
- Tattered Cover to Open Children's Bookstore in Denver Suburb
A large mural created by a local artist will be the centerpiece of the store, and architectural elements will evoke the experience of getting lost in a story.