- PW: A Publicity Stunt That's Skin Deep
Harvey weaves his own real journal entries into the fictional story line, in which the professor confesses to killing not only his family but scores of others.Since he put so much of himself into the book, and the prototype jacket looked like the color of his skin, Harvey suggested to h
- Mosley Inks Deals With BCP, WSP
Norton, approached BCP to publish Gone Fishin', an unpublished prequel covering the early years of his popular Easy Rawlins character.
- Gay Marriage Instant Book from Chronicle
Chronicle is in discussion with the San Francisco Chronicle, which has covered the gay marriage story prodigiously and has many photographs, about possible involvement in the project.
- Verso to Debut New Fiction Line in Fall 2019
In the past Verso has published such acclaimed international authors as John Berger, Georges Perec, Tariq Ali and Jenny Hval.Rumberger said that sales of translated fiction are growing and noted that “we hope to be a part of the increased appetite for translated literature, and we’re proud to bring
- U.K. Pub Lands Licensing Agreement with Roald Dahl Estate
“The story is still under wraps as we work on several concepts,” she said.
- Hot Deals: Spinner and Spun
Isikoff said his book can offer a "unique perspective" on the story as it developed, including the war between Clinton and his political enemies, and how journalists covered the story.
- Bibles and Sacred Texts 2011: In the Kids’ Corner
For teens, The Metal Bible NLT: 4GVN: comes with a metal license plate on its cover.
- Q & A with Jandy Nelson
Oh, the cover.
- Checking in on Diverse Books: A CBC Panel
As a result, the cover was changed.
- PW Tip Sheet: Real Books Don't Die
Just sell the damn cover!
- Kids' Comics Everywhere at New York Comic Con
Kids had no new comics to announce, but they were offering special covers at their booth as well as the opportunity to have a number of their artists draw customized covers for their comics (which were printed with blank covers for the occasion).
- Harnessing #Bookstagram: A PAMA Panel
The advent of Instagram Stories, a mode that allows for private messaging on disappearing content, has led to more direct connection with fellow readers.
- PW Select July 2013: Three Keys to Self-Publishing Success
\t \t\tHire your own professional cover designer.
- Big Ideas and Fresh Looks: Backlist Backbones 2020
Do they commit to the original cover and aesthetics, in a bet on its recognizability?
- Seven Author Branding Tips
We’ve all heard stories of authors who cut ethical corners, like paying shills to give them artificially glowing reviews.