- In Search of New Readers
"They are narrative stories designed to get kids thinking and writing creatively," said Corey.
- The Art of the Future: Science Fiction & Fantasy
Elizabeth Story, head designer for Tachyon, says, “For a print book, you want nice covers, because books aren’t just for reading, they are for display.
- Q & A with Greg Pizzoli
It’s covered in stamps.
- BookExpo 2018: YA Editors Aim to Further Diversify Character Diversity
Moderated by Len Vlahos of Denver’s Tattered Cover bookstore, the panel presented titles that seek to widen the scope of characters’ backgrounds and experiences.
- What You Won't Find in a Russian History Book
I love reading about the life in difficult periods and looking at the themes that are important to family, and these aren't things you can cover in history books.
- On Tour with Kwame Alexander
Diary of a Wimpy Kid author and bookstore owner Jeff Kinney (l.) interviewed Kadir Nelson, Raúl the Third, Kip Wilson, and Lamar Giles during an event at his store, An Unlikely Story, in Plainville, Mass.At the Boston Public Library, Raúl the Third shared scenes from
- Children's Books for Spring 2016: All Our Coverage
About Our Cover Artist“I had an amazing line of really crappy jobs,” Zachariah OHora says of his life before he became a full-time illustrator.
- Ted Adams to Launch Clover Press
Correction: the format of Silver Surfer Black publication was incorrectly noted in an earlier version of this story.
- BEA 2014: 'New York Times' Sportswriter: Harvey Araton
“I’ve always covered pro basketball,” he explains, “so I’m usually traveling this time of year because the playoffs are going on.”
- Twelve Launches Enhanced E-book Edition of Sebastian Junger's 'War'
The War enhanced edition will be published as an ePub e-book, not an app (for more on apps, see our story from today’s print PW), readable in iBooks or other e-reading apps or devices that support ePub and can play video.
- Random House to Reissue Ruth Chew's Fantasy Oeuvre
All of the reissues will feature new cover art inspired by the original cover designs and will retain Chew’s original black and white interior illustrations.
- Brick City Blues: PW Talks with James Queally
., to cover the unrest that followed the decision not to prosecute the police officer who killed Michael Brown.
- Phoenix Author Tries Self Publishing
The fact that he subbed for Larry King this week and that CNN shows a graphic of the cover when he does news stories hasn’t hurt.
- In Brief: June 13
The event took place at the Tattered Cover Bookstore in Denver on June 8, with more than 75 attendees.
- Not All Velvety Smooth: PW Talks with Rob Jovanovic
In this case it took a few years, and by the time I’d finished there were other books around, but none telling the whole story, including all the offshoot solo careers, reunions, and the like.